Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

want to bring kids to cheer on you folks sunday in the Park.
    Have ye approx times of the event.

approx time for end of cycle and run starting for the fastest folks - as want to catch both.
    at least I can gauge arriving earlier that way

Thanks

K

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

want to bring kids to cheer on you folks sunday in the Park.
    Have ye approx times of the event.

approx time for end of cycle and run starting for the fastest folks - as want to catch both.
    at least I can gauge arriving earlier that way

Thanks

K

I'd say you'd want to be in the park for 10:00 the quicker lads will probably be coming through not long after that. Last bike into transition is 14:30 afaik anyone after that will be pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

If anyone is at the race briefing on Friday can you post any key information announced that is not already in the Athlete Guide. Stuff like any neutralised zones, safety issues, roadwork’s, speed ramps or other hazards on the routes.

I intend to go on Saturday evening but it would be nice to have this info available just in case. Maybe ask them if they’d put it on youtube too :-)

PS. I'm sure it's mandatory to attend but I've not seen that specified anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Main questions for me is how we cross Dart and Luas lines. Are those closed for the morning?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Main questions for me is how we cross Dart and Luas lines. Are those closed for the morning?

I remember reading something about temporary closures on the Dart. I'm not sure about the Luas it probably terminates at Heuston while the race is on that's the only place you cross a Luas line afaik.

If it's wet cross merrion gates very carefully it can be slippery also there's a large metal grate right on the apex of the bend as you cross the bridge at heuston.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ladies pro race will be wide open now the favourite is not racing it.

Best of luck to everyone racing on Sunday, dont overthink things before the race and go with the flow on race day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Shedite27 wrote: »

No darts running that early this Sunday so wont be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Oryx wrote: »
    There are usually bins just after feed stations you can sling the banana skins towards (extra points if you get it in :) ) They will be halved anyway so you eat them and ditch the skin fast.

Do you have a tri bag on your bike? Its a good place to stow food and wrappers

I just put one on it this morning so that's where the junk can go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck this weekend folks. Keep calm and enjoy the day

Getting better the closer we get...

xfrn8h.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I remember reading something about temporary closures on the Dart. I'm not sure about the Luas it probably terminates at Heuston while the race is on that's the only place you cross a Luas line afaik.

If it's wet cross merrion gates very carefully it can be slippery also there's a large metal grate right on the apex of the bend as you cross the bridge at heuston.

It looked like route was staying north side of river, against normal traffic flow, after east link bridge so should not be crossing bridge at heuston, i think! Thanks for info on merrion gates. Fingers crossed it will have dried off by the morning even if some rain/drizzle saturday night.

20rothmans wrote: »
    It looked like route was staying north side of river, against normal traffic flow

Hopefully that's true as the surface on the south side is crap where as on the north side it's in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

I know my and times aren't impressive as are of some of you guys and I'm still new to Ireland, but let me share with you my blog post with my goals for the race!

Good luck to everyone and see you at the finish line! I'm bringing quite a loud bunch to cheer for us all!

Irish "half-challenge" - http://goranmarkus.com/en/irish-half-challenge/

I see the Tour of Kildare cycle is using some of the same strech of road at the same time Sunday AM.

They'll be going Maynooth-Kilcock while we go Kilcock-Maynooth. You'll have TT'ers on one side of the road while peletons go the other side. They start at 9.30 so should be passing that stretch from 10.30-12.00, Ironman should be passing from 8.30-12

Maps.png

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Will the tour riders even be allowed on closed roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Oryx wrote: »
    Will the tour riders even be allowed on closed roads?

Just about to say something similar?? Might be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

To all taking part, First-timers, Seasoned Vets (and Mods) and Irish Pros (KT) wishing you all a successful race and healthy finish. It will be a nice historical moment being involved in the first Dublin IM70.3
    I'll be shouting you on from about 7.45am at the park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    To all taking part, First-timers, Seasoned Vets (and Mods) and Irish Pros (KT) wishing you all a successful race and healthy finish. It will be a nice historical moment being involved in the first Dublin IM70.3
    I'll be shouting you on from about 7.45am at the park!!

No mods racing this one :)

Edit to add: we need to be well rested and full of energy to keep an eye on this thread on Monday. #expecttheworst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 day walker101

BTH wrote: »
    No mods racing this one :)

Edit to add: we need to be well rested and full of energy to keep an eye on this thread on Monday. #expecttheworst

what are you expecting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

the official site has two bike route maps. There is a difference between them. One goes into clonee & the other does not. Which is correct? Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

bopperr wrote: »
    the official site has two bike route maps. There is a difference between them. One goes into clonee & the other does not. Which is correct? Anyone know?

It doesn't go into Clonee anymore, it skirts around it and on to Dunboyme. Good luck

bopperr wrote: »
    The PDF is wrong. Goes through a field to get to clonee. Stick to the GPS version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Is the tracker link live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I'm just back from a recovery run and a dip in the 40 Foot, the excitement down at the seafront in Sandycove is mounting :-)

I'm volunteering in T1 and will be down bright and early tomorrow (4.45!) to greet you all and cheer you along your way.

Very, very best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Marthastew wrote: »
    I'm just back from a recovery run and a dip in the 40 Foot, the excitement down at the seafront in Sandycove is mounting :-)

I'm volunteering in T1 and will be down bright and early tomorrow (4.45!) to greet you all and cheer you along your way.

Very, very best of luck to all

OMG....with Marthastew in the house, IronMan and T1 will never be the same! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Best of luck to everyone on here taking part. Going to cycle over and catch the swim start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

What time does the swim start at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

What time does the swim start at ?

Pro athletes in just before 7am with us plebs in every 10mins after 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

I know it may not have seemed it at times, but the help here from experienced athletes has been invaluable, thanks to everyone for their input. Good luck to those taking part & cheers to those that are volunteering it's very much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Pro athletes in just before 7am with us plebs in every 10mins after 7am.

Love it! I'll be down cheering you on in the morning wish I was doing it myself but I'm doing the gaelforce west next week best of luck to all the racers and have a safe day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement