Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pore illy

Did 53 mins for swim (terrible went way off line) and 1 42 for run so 5 19 overall which I was happy with even though swim was pathetic, as I said first ever Tri so I guess a decent effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

A tri bike will improve your ave speed on the bike but it will also help on your run I suspect that's where the biggest advantage might be found in your case.

Good time for your first. Improve your swim and you'll be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Pore illy wrote: »
    Did 53 mins for swim (terrible went way off line) and 1 42 for run so 5 19 overall which I was happy with even though swim was pathetic, as I said first ever Tri so I guess a decent effort.
    Absolutely a decent effort. Might be bigger gains got on the swim and run. Swim obviously. And keep your money in your pocket for a while.
    Potential 30 min gain to be got from them alone with a bit of hard graft v 's maybe 5 min bike

Cheers,

Yeah swim needs some serious work, not sure wife would be too pleased but a tri bike feels like it would improve bike section and as you say be a bit fresher for run. Being new to the whole thing was really impressed with the event, definitely got the bug now...

Yeah true swim clearly needs a lot of work still something to focus on in the winter, need to buy a pointy helmet too !!

• Advertisement

Yeah true swim clearly needs a lot of work still something to focus on in the winter, need to buy a pointy helmet too !!

As above in the water as much as you can and you'll easily find 20 mins and it'll only cost you your time. Cheap in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Cheers,

Yeah swim needs some serious work, not sure wife would be too pleased but a tri bike feels like it would improve bike section and as you say be a bit fresher for run. Being new to the whole thing was really impressed with the event, definitely got the bug now...

Just don't tell her. Lol.
    Also improving your swim you should be fresher for the bike. All a knock on effect.
    You obviously have a strong bike but there's 3 parts to Triathlon 4 if you include transitions, and I see races lost in transition.

I hear reports lough neagh was a long swim today 1100-100m for a sprint distance. I guess it's common enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Cheers,

Get in the pool and maybe invest in some swim analysis or lessons/coaching. People exactly like you go mad wanting to spend money and buy sh!t the second they do their first spring triathlon... ok you've jumped in deep and did a half, but if you want to genuinely improve, spend the money on a coach and a power meter etc. You'll see plenty of folks in transition at an IM with standard road bikes with clip on bars. By improving your swim and being smart on the bike, maybe even with improved position on current equipment, you'll be fresher on the run.

Now if you are keen to just buy a tri bike anyway, then get a bike fit done first and then match your numbers from it with the numbers of various bike manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

2016 has gone from August 7th 2016 to 'TBD' and 'Opening Soon' on ironman.com.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

Could be the tide, its predicted to be fully out at about 8.45am on the 7th and low water means the rocks at the exit are exposed. I have only swam there once at low water, and we could'nt see how to get out.
    http://www.sailing.ie/Portals/0/Dublin%20August%202016.pdf?ver=2015-05-08-154330-447

Doeshedare wrote: »
    Could be the tide, its predicted to be fully out at about 8.45am on the 7th and low water means the rocks at the exit are exposed. I have only swam there once at low water, and we could'nt see how to get out.
    http://www.sailing.ie/Portals/0/Dublin%20August%202016.pdf?ver=2015-05-08-154330-447

D'oh, didn't think of that.
    I went straight for the conspiracy theory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Looks like the incoming CK race director has hacked the site. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Read this in Octobers edition of 220 Triathlon Mag - looks to be on for next year albeit a 70.3 distance.

Dublin_2016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

It's confirmed for Sunday August 14th 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

niallo32 wrote: »
    It's confirmed for Sunday August 14th 2016

Lets all enter quick!
    Call others elitist and get stroppy.
    Then do no training and pull out of the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

tunney wrote: »
    Lets all enter quick!
    Call others elitist and get stroppy.
    Then do no training and pull out of the event.

just not funny... I don't see ANY use of this post - don't like it? Don't enter...

On the subject - any idea is the course staying the same?

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    just not funny... I don't see ANY use of this post - don't like it? Don't enter...

Spoil the party why don't you. :(

Tunneys probably been working* hard on his elitist material

*more a natural talent really :D

On the subject - any idea is the course staying the same?
    iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Spoil the party why don't you. :(

Tunneys probably been working* hard on his elitist material

*more a natural talent really :D

If just one of the people who posted on the original thread about me being a pr1ck over comments on whether they should do the event or not comes on and posts a link to their result showing they *actually* completed the race, I will apologise for the above comment.

My comment was in relation to them rather than the event. i believe challenge galway is now the target.............

Wow a serious response I wasn't expecting. I was equally as critical tbh. So take my post in the sarcastic manner intended.

I know of numerous people that would fit into your stereotype the best of intentions doesn't get the hard work done unfortunately.

• Advertisement

If just one of the people who posted on the original thread about me being a pr1ck over comments on whether they should do the event or not comes on and posts a link to their result showing they *actually* completed the race, I will apologise for the above comment.

My comment was in relation to them rather than the event. i believe challenge galway is now the target.............

Well, I never said you're pr1ck in real life (I actually doubt it TBH), just saying that you should stop being douche all the time just because you don't like Ironman organization/big events/other success or whatever ;) Don't like it, skip it and that's it, do you really have to make pointless and disrespectful comments regarding each of above mentioned subjects?

Also don't know do you by "original thread" mean this one and were you talking to me (as part of "those people"), but yeah, I did finish the race and so did 1,5k others (or somewhere around that number) - review.

Since I'm mid-pack triathlete who is into it just because of the love towards the sport I really don't like when people constantly say sh1t about other performances, certain races, prices or whatever. Discussion is great, even saying cr4p about certain things is ok from time to time, but doing it ALL THE TIME is just getting on nerves (obviously not mine). A bit of love and peace mate ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Well, I never said you're pr1ck in real life (I actually doubt it TBH), just saying that you should stop being douche all the time just because you don't like Ironman organization/big events/other success or whatever ;) )

stick around for a while. you might come to realise exactly how ironic that statement is

but doing it ALL THE TIME is just getting on nerves (obviously not mine).

ah, i see you do get irony

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

I don't think I called you a prick though...

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/results.aspx?rd=20150809&race=dublin70.3&bidid=911&detail=1#axzz3ocoAUAC8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Bringing this back on topic, where did you see that date? I've looked on their site and on their facebook and nothing mentioned about the date. Still TBD.

joey100 wrote: »
    Bringing this back on topic, where did you see that date? I've looked on their site and on their facebook and nothing mentioned about the date. Still TBD.

Interview at Kona done with the CEO of IM Europe has Dublin down as 14/08/2016. I'll root out a link.

edit: link here: http://www.tri247.com/article_14411.html

As I said - I retract my previous statement. I'll even apologise.
    I had assumed the people who didn't train would not start given the lack of training and experience.

Not biting...

As I said - I retract my previous statement. I'll even apologise.
    I had assumed the people who didn't train would not start given the lack of training and experience.

ends up I'm having something against you, but really? Can't stop even when a guy gives you a link, just have to continue with bashing? That's just bad...

On topic: great, now I just have to wait out for the dates for my home country :)

Where's Rodney King when you need him?

Seriously, time to move on
    A lot of people were doubtful over whether last year would happen or not, and a lot of people will never have any time for branded razzmatazz races, and a lot of people did sign up for 2015 and either didn't start or didn't finish.

Let it go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Let it go, let it go, don't hold me back any more ... 👩*❤️*💋*👩

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement