Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Have heard it's going ahead with registration open by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

niallo32 wrote: »
    Have heard it's going ahead with registration open by the end of the month.

Where that coming from is that a reliable source ?

noc231073 wrote: »
    Where that coming from is that a reliable source ?

Someone I would describe as a reliable source.

I'd imagine it will be validated or disproved over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

potsy11 wrote: »
    Last year's Race Director is not being retained. Strange move by IMUK given all the local support and good will that was drummed up by last year's RD.

Possibly feel that the goodwill is no longer required as once set up people will continue to flock to the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

sconhome wrote: »
    Possibly feel that the goodwill is no longer required as once set up people will continue to flock to the brand.

Good point, but my comment was more directed at the hundreds of volunteers that gave their time for free. Not sure the same good will, will filter down when the RD and team are unknowns. The team of senior Marshall that were assembled for last year's Race were excellent and assembled/appointed by the RD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

August 14th is up on the website for race date this morning.
    Nothing more than that yet but more hopeful than TBD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

August 14th is up on the website for race date this morning.
    Nothing more than that yet but more hopeful than TBD

burning the piranha bridge is not going to help with marshalls

Confirmation that registration will open this month on the Iron man website & Fb page today.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

Reg opens on 29th of Feb according to the webpage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I sense there is not anywhere half as much interest or excitement around D70.3 this year for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

2nd season syndrome?

I sense the opposite actually, anyone in our club who raced it last year is back for more this year, and most of those who sat on the sidelines and slagged off the novelty of the debut race last year are suddenly looking for places :)

It does feel like the Boards noise around it has dropped considerably, since the event was more a lot popular and a lot more successful than predicted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

on the flip side, i spoke to two at the duathlon in limerick on Sunday who did it last year and wouldn't go back for anything. both looking at Kenamre instead.

another lad i spoke to is going back alright, but it's not universal approval from all who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

I was perfectly happy to do this as my A race this year but got fed up waiting around for the announcement. I've made other plans.

sconhome wrote: »
    I sense there is not anywhere half as much interest or excitement around D70.3 this year for some reason.

Certainly hope so.
    I've targeted this as my A race so will be browned off if it sells out before I get in
    A lot of worrying comments on FB along the lines of 'This looks like a laugh, you up for it?' and tagging their mates

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did it last year and would definitely do it again, best atmosphere I've ever expereinced at a race in Ireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

RJM85 wrote: »
    . I've made other plans.

twice the plans in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

There doesn't seem to be a pre registration option this year. Last year there was a pre registration option which sent a code to use to register before it opened for general entry. Maybe there is no point given how fast it sold out last time.

Jowlsy wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be a pre registration option this year. Last year there was a pre registration option which sent a code to use to register before it opened for general entry. Maybe there is no point given how fast it sold out last time.

I got a pre-registration mail this evening and can pre-register from 9am tomorrow morning

niallo32 wrote: »
    I got a pre-registration mail this evening and can pre-register from 9am tomorrow morning

This happened last year too. Some got the mails some didn't. I've not got a mail yet. But everyone got the same unique code last year. You might get a few cheeky PMs looking for a go of your code. Me first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

This happened last year too. Some got the mails some didn't. I've not got a mail yet. But everyone got the same unique code last year. You might get a few cheeky PMs looking for a go of your code. Me first :)

I got a mail today alright but it's basically just a notification that registrations are open on the 29th at 9am. No code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Doing the lost sheep and thinking about doing this. Typically what is the price of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

viperlogic wrote: »
    Doing the lost sheep and thinking about doing this. Typically what is the price of this?
    Bout €250

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

It's 280 this year including the credit card (or what ever it's called!) fee.

Am registered - can't wait now

Any chance you'd share that code via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

+1 for the code, waiting for this race for a bit now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'm not sure it's the same code system as last year. I got an email with a link and when I clicked through the link I was brought to a page where it had my details saved from when I pre-registered. Seems to be person specific.

I found the mail from last year, chancing my arm it might work but it lead to a dead link.
    I had shared that mail to a few others last year who didn't say it didn't work so maybe a borrowed link will work.

Have mailed Ironman for what it's worth to see if they'd send me a code. If they're anything like other places I've dealt with they'll send a code and link. On the 30th

Failing that I'll just join the scrum on the 29th

The code only works for one user - I already gave it to someone else and it didn't work, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Anyone know where I can find a four week plan for this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement