Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia II EGR valve cleaning options

Options
  • 04-06-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a 2010 1.6 TDI CR octavia that needs to have EGR valve cleaned.
    Is this a DIY job or does anybody know a place that would do it outside main dealer.
    I'm based in the South East.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Why do you think it needs cleaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭insullation

Cars goes into limp mode and getting the following error in torque app

Powertrain - Auxiliary Emission Controls - ISO/SAE Controlled. Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance

Apparently the EGR have been know to clog up on the octavia so I'm guess that might be a good place to start.

The car is serviced on the required intervals from new and 100K kms on the clock.

It's a known issue on them alright. Cleaning won't help so don't waste your time or money.

What do you suggest?

Get it replaced.

• Advertisement

Thanks - I'l bring it to the dealer and see what they say...Wonder what cost I'd be looking at to get replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Skoda are covering some of them under warranty or you may get a percentage covered, a full skoda main dealer service history is big plus.

thanks for all the replied.

Just an update - the EGR value is bust and it cost 800 for the replacement part.

However skoda are going to cover it and half the labour so not so bad a result.

Probably paid to have full service history in this case. just hope it's not going to need replacing every 4 years.

Advertisement