Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*****2014 LC English Paper One - all levels - June 4th 2014*****

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Daledge wrote: »
    So personally my P1 didn't go as planned and I came out thinking 'C or D' but normally I'm a B student, and that's what I'm aiming for. If P2 goes to plan is there any hope of it bringing me up to that B?

Don't count yourself out of the game yet! Of course you can achieve a good grade yet, if you answered all questions clearly and effectively you will be fine!

I myself thought I did a poor P.1 back when I did my LC in 2012 and ended up getting an A1. You never know what the examiners are looking for!

Chin-up and power on, you've got this!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Don't count yourself out of the game yet! Of course you can achieve a good grade yet, if you answered all questions clearly and effectively you will be fine!

I myself thought I did a poor P.1 back when I did my LC in 2012 and ended up getting an A1. You never know what the examiners are looking for!

Chin-up and power on, you've got this!

It's not necessarily a case of the examiners not finding what they're looking for, my timing was a disaster. Didn't even attempt (ii) of my reading comprehension and my essay was a mere two pages long.

The two pages I did right however I'm very happy with and I normally focus on quality over quantity anyway which usually works out for me. I'm just hoping it's not gonna' drag me down too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Im ****ing worthless. Points out the window. One year of hard work for what? Dead grandfathers tie in pocket for luck. Day goes horrible. Hello depression how are you!?

Hello dole line, ill just stand at the end behind mariam with the greasy hair and the heroin needle sticking out of her left labia.
    Dear god, woman, calm down!!!!

No one can tell you how your paper will be marked, but it doesn't sound like you made that much of a feck-up!

I have noticed the tendency in other years though for people to pop in here the night of the exam in hysterics, only to return when they get their marks / view their papers going "Hey, I didn't do that badly after all! :D". It always seems much worse on the day, because you're completely wound up and stressed.

The really important thing is to say "what's done is done!" and move on and forget about it, and not let it affect your other papers. ;)
    I signed the sheet the person gave around to sign our names on in blue ink does that matter?
    Provided you didn't sign it in the superintendents blood, you're safe enough! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

XtotheZ wrote: »

This was all completely pointless but atleast I feel better with my choices now that i have a statistical advantage :) I wonder can I bet on what poets will come up ;)

You can bet on paddy power i think haha

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

samzehh wrote: »
    Anyone else do the personal essay on 'Moments of uncertainty'?

I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

I thought it went really well :P the A question on Text 1 was lovely, I didn't like the look of the B but once I started it, it went pretty well! I did the B on Text 2 and the Sci Fi short story I was really worried I was gonna leave my work shorter than it should be but I managed to get everything to full length :3

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mr. Farewell

Heaney was on paper 2 after all haha

Advertisement