Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*****2014 LC English Paper One - all levels - June 4th 2014*****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allyb17

Aspiring wrote: »
    The smell of panic in this thread is quite pungent. Don't worry, they know you are in an exam situation, and so they will throw marks at you. My teacher corrects English exam papers, she said they definitely take into account that you are stressed and under pressure, and as such, you will do a lot better than you feel you have :)

You don't know how much this post calms me down! I'm still adrenaline pumped from the whole thing. Ah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

The smell of panic in this thread is quite pungent. Don't worry, they know you are in an exam situation, and so they will throw marks at you. My teacher corrects English exam papers, she said they definitely take into account that you are stressed and under pressure, and as such, you will do a lot better than you feel you have :)

your teacher was just being nice :)
    Nah thanks suppose its nice to hear..I really want a C :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CryingCaroline

Im ****ing worthless. Points out the window. One year of hard work for what? Dead grandfathers tie in pocket for luck. Day goes horrible. Hello depression how are you!?

Hello dole line, ill just stand at the end behind mariam with the greasy hair and the heroin needle sticking out of her left labia.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

The title of my article was "How do you know weather you're obsessed?" - was quite proud of that one tbh.

That Is Beautiful! Wish mine was as Witty as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Of course youll get marks

But the questions was all about style pretty much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

allyb17 wrote: »
    You don't know how much this post calms me down! I'm still adrenaline pumped from the whole thing. Ah.

I understand, but you need to relax. Whatever your worried you got add 20%-25% to it, this is what you probably actually got. Time to forget paper 1 and focus on paper 2 :D

Please no smart-arses say "I think I got 90%, does this mean I actually got 110% or 115%" , you know what I mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

Did anyone else run out of time for the essay? I wrote only 2 pages in a rush because I spent too much time on the other parts. I did the essay about beautiful things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

But the questions was all about style pretty much?

Heaney's style is quite simplistic though, so you'll definitely get some marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 7jy

if you did the "Irish people are obsessed with the weather" article, did you include any formatting like your name at the end, or just write it like an essay/speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LawBreaker123

Hey guys, I just realised that I never put a title on my short story. Would i have lost marks? And if so how many?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    i feel so good now even thought you might just be saying it to make us feel better but thank you :D
    Hey guys, I just realised that I never put a title on my short story. Would i have lost marks? And if so how many?

I dont think you need a title

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Im ****ing worthless. Points out the window. One year of hard work for what? Dead grandfathers tie in pocket for luck. Day goes horrible. Hello depression how are you!?

Hello dole line, ill just stand at the end behind mariam with the greasy hair and the heroin needle sticking out of her left labia.

You left out one part of one question. There will be people who sat that exam their parent having died last night or yesterday. Perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sueysmithers

its done you guys woooo go us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    is it though? :P ;)

I think I'm becoming hotale.com regarding Macbeth, had a dream about Banquo last night and all :pac: :pac: :pac:

Macbeth <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CryingCaroline

I know :( i just worked so hard to fall down on such a managable paper

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

I was so calm unbelievable!! Seems like most people did the ghostly presence essay, almost everyone in my school!

bb1234567 wrote: »
    THANK YOU SO MUCH
    i feel so good now even thought you might just be saying it to make us feel better but thank you :D

I'm not. I speak the truth. We did this thing where she gave us an essay to mark to see what we think it'd get. We all said C2/C3, it would have gotten an A2, possibly even an A1 if the corrector was nice on the day (she's not :p) . I'm not bulshíttíng. I don't care if some of you don't want to believe me and would prefer to feel sorry for yourselves, but this is the truth. Marks will be thrown at you. DONT WORRY. Tell you what, any of you who are worried take down my username, come back on here in August. Post me a message or post in the LC Thread and say "Aspiring, you were wrong" and I will slap myself across the face ferociously. The thing is, I won't be wrong.

I'm not. I speak the truth. We did this thing where she gave us an essay to mark to see what we think it'd get. We all said C2/C3, it would have gotten an A2, possibly even an A1 if the corrector was nice on the day (she's not :p) . I'm not bul****tíng. I don't care if some of you don't want to believe me and would prefer to feel sorry for yourselves, but this is the truth. Marks will be thrown at you. DONT WORRY. Tell you what, any of you who are worried take down my username, come back on here in August. Post me a message or post in the LC Thread and say "Aspirjng you were wrong" and I will slap myself across the face ferociously. The thing is, I won't be wrong.

I'll make sure I spell it wrong :rolleyes:

No one seems to have done the speech...

Hotale.com wrote: »

You know what I changed it before I saw your snide post so yeah ;) , and I forgot punctuation throughout a lot of the post. Now that P1 is over the shackles of correct grammar have been lifted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

I know :( i just worked so hard to fall down on such a managable paper

You'll do a lot worse in the rest of your Leaving Cert if you keep crying. Forget about it and focus on the next exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Hotale.com wrote: »

No one seems to have done the speech...

I did the speeech :pac: Title wasn't the best, but how could I not do the speech.. :P

what did you write about?
    You know what I changed it before I saw your snide post so yeah ;) , and I forgot punctuation throughout a lot of the post. Now that P1 is over the shackles of correct grammar have been lifted :D

yea who cares bout spellin grammar nall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

I'm becoming sick of the words signify and emphasise.... Be my thesaurus please.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Does moments of uncertainty have to be dark, depressing alone moments or can it be moments where you were unaware or something? I talked about my first day of primary school, how uncertainty filled be to the brim etc.?

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    I did the speeech :pac: Title wasn't the best, but how could I not do the speech.. :P

what did you write about?

I went psycho against religion, called America a bunch of nosey pricks and said our education system promotes insular thinking :p

Obviously more politely that that though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

I'm becoming sick of the words signify and emphasise.... Be my thesaurus please.

highlight, underscore, accentuate, represent, imply, suggest, convey are my main ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerrydawg96

Can somebody please try help me out. I done the article about irish people's obsession with the weather and took a slant on it. I talked about it foreshadows the grim consequences of global warming and went on about some irish people being obsessed to tackle global warming...constantly referred back to the topic at hand but im really worried..basically am i f*@#ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

mirrors wrote: »
    Did anyone else run out of time for the essay? I wrote only 2 pages in a rush because I spent too much time on the other parts. I did the essay about beautiful things in life.

Pretty much the same for me, got about 2.75 pages on that essay, felt what I had written was fairly good though.

Did about the same in the mocks and got 67% for the essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I signed the sheet the person gave around to sign our names on in blue ink does that matter?

People worry about the most random of things on here....
    I signed the sheet the person gave around to sign our names on in blue ink does that matter?

I was given a blue pen by our supervisor to sign it.

• Advertisement

Don't think so, I signed in black but on the sheet there were a lot of blue and one or two red.

Advertisement