Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free online course:Animal Behaviour & Welfare

• 04-06-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Starts July 14th for 5 weeks through the University of Edinburgh. I've signed up myself to see if it's any good.
    wrote:
    Through this introductory course we want to provide you with knowledge and understanding about the application of animal behaviour and the science of animal welfare, so that you are better equipped to argue for or against a specific issue relating to animal care, management or use, using a rigorous, evidence based approach.

During the course of the 5 week period we will provide information and discussion on topics ranging from; why animal welfare matters from a global perspective, how science can help to advance animal welfare, why animal feelings are central to animal welfare, to dog and cat population management, the ethics and welfare of keeping animals in zoos and farm animal welfare problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Ah cousera!

I've taken a few courses on there. Its a good site in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Cheers Anniehoo, I've signed up for it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm doing the Horse Course one and The Meat We Eat one's too. There's lots of interesting short courses to sign up for,great site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Thanks for that, have signed up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Signed up too, we can help each other with the homework :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Just signed up for this - thanks for posting it anniehoo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks anniehoo

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Signed up today.. looking forward to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Thinking about signing up for the course, but am knee-deep in preparations for my exams ATM :(. I've got a FETAC Level 5 in Animal Welfare and this course covers a lot of the ground I did on that course. It'd be good to keep my knowledge up though.

I'll see if my brain has de-frazzled enough to do it after next week! :)

• Advertisement

Going to sign up for this too, thanks for the link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm really looking forward to this. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just in case anyone forgot, this started today! Going to get stuck into it soon while I have a couple of days off :)

Advertisement