Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Paper 2 Help!!

• 04-06-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Any good points to make about Yeats. I got about a 800 word essay prepared, leaving room for the argument. I mainly talk about Imagery and Contrast, and go on about the political dimension in September 1913, is this enough?

Also, with the Comparative, I'm looking at the opening scenes, death scenes and their home environment. Is this enough?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What texts are you using for the comparative?

I've just chosen scenes from each that I feel the underlying theme is extremely evident. Tried to stay away from the obvious ones as much as I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭LiverpoolLad95

What texts are you using for the comparative?

I've just chosen scenes from each that I feel the underlying theme is extremely evident. Tried to stay away from the obvious ones as much as I could.

How Many Miles, I'm Not Scared and Sive. All the opening scenes underline the theme, so does the death scenes (except I'm Not Scared where Michele gets shot). Also looking at the household environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

How Many Miles, I'm Not Scared and Sive. All the opening scenes underline the theme, so does the death scenes (except I'm Not Scared where Michele gets shot). Also looking at the household environment.

Only did Sive out of those, scenes I've gone for are her death, burning of the letter and then just the overall idea of the match with Dota. Theme I've gone for is hopelessness

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Siffo

What about the revelation of Mena (mother, bye-child, bastard) to Sive and the revelation of Alicia (Frederick not real father, coward, dead hero) and its isolating [the theme] impact? Mena's revelation socially isolates Sive in a malicious way and Alicia isolates Alec (dispossessed in a sentence) in a cold manner. Also driving force behind his route to war and Sive's path to suicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Only did Sive out of those, scenes I've gone for are her death, burning of the letter and then just the overall idea of the match with Dota. Theme I've gone for is hopelessness

Cool . We did the theme of love . I did different texts to you . I'm
    Hoping theme or issue will come up even though I know it won't . I'm mainly focusing on gvv and cc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭LiverpoolLad95

I've studied Yeats, and a lot of my essay focuses on Imagery, contrast and reflection, could I use these for any question or can it be specific, like asking me to just discuss images?

Advertisement