Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating - how long to improve it?

Options
  • 04-06-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon,

I have been away from Ireland for years, still had an AIB credit card linked to my itunes account, all was good for the first few years.

I then change bank and continue to pay off the card. I get a call from Ireland saying there is letter saying AIB are thinking of selling on my debt to an agency as I hadn't paid in months (5-7). I am in a country where the paperwork is done physically and there had been an error made by the bank inputting the address of the AIB bank.

This was allot of money to me, I pointed out the banks error (following talking to AIB credit recover) they took 4 months to credit my account. I have since paid off my card but I am sure my credit rating has taken a whallop.

I have had a credit card abroad for years and never missed a payment. i have never had any other form of bank loan.

I would be looking to buy a house in Ireland in the future. How long will this failure to pay my credit card issue hang around?

Ps AIB were great helping me, HSBC however were a nightmare. They charged me 40 euro to investigate them losing my money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

"You are sure" - have you actually had your credit report from the ICB yet? That would seem to be step 1 :-)

Advertisement