Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper Elite 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got V2 there awhile back for PC and its been on my "to play list" for awhile now. So its good? Ill have to give the campaign a bash

V3 wasnt something i was really looking out for until i saw the MP trailer yesterday,looks good.They seem to be putting more emphasis on the MP side of things this time. Probably more info on it at E3,think theres a presentation on it

What was the MP like in V2?

The MP trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm curious about it. Flawed as it was, I loved the first game. Played the demo of the second and was really unimpressed by how linear the whole thing had became. Still did spend a lot of time trying to shoot people in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played the second and was enjoying it until suddenly I stopped and never went back. Something must have released around that time. Don't think there was MP.

First few times the bullet goes slo-mo through a nazi were good funs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

I'm going to buy it day 1 since no other good games out and I just got a PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im gonna wait for reviews for this one after playing a good few hours of V2 tonight,definitely flawed but enjoyable non the less.

Have to wait and see if 505 games can improve upon previous iterations. Although a game like this i would always play through the single player the campaigns are usually short and shallow,and imo the MP gives it the longevity. If the MP gets decent reviews ill be looking to buy it but if not im gonna avoid.

These are just my first impressions based on a few hours with previous game,while good there really felt like there was a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully they pull it off and if they do ill be first in line but im gonna take a cautious approach on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i played v2. it was ok. nothing special. ill pick it up cheap on adverts in a few months for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

I've enjoyed all sniper elites to date. I've pre-ordered this one too. Looks good and the online should be much better this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

German fella streaming it now on playstion live
    Doesnt look to bad
    Looking forward to seeing coop gameplay

Ign gave it 8.2
    Not sure about ign thou.
    They've high rated trash games before .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

So what ripoff price is gamestop selling this for now anybody know probley 70 is it.

Argos is selling for 56

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Ign gave it 8.2
    Not sure about ign thou.
    They've high rated trash games before .

Its doin well in most reciews getting 4stars and 7-8s out of 10s

Iv never played sniper elite before but something here is drawing me in kill cam looks cool haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Think I might return watchdogs and get this.. Looks good and not as boring as wstchdogs has been for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved from Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I liked number 2 but the constant kill cams got annoying after a while
    their was only so much it could show before it got repetitive

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I liked number 2 but the constant kill cams got annoying after a while
    their was only so much it could show before it got repetitive

You can turn them off .

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    You can turn them off .

Yes I know but what I meant was I would of preferred a nice balance between the both
    would of stopped the repetitiveness without taking away one of the main attractions

Im sure theres a hardcore mode that leaves you with your own ability to judge drop and lead . Makes kills more satisfying for me especially when get the kill cam

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fill3rup_

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Think I might return watchdogs and get this.. Looks good and not as boring as wstchdogs has been for me.

I swapped Watchdogs for this in Gamestop,cost be about €18 on top,was a bargain as i played about 6 hours of Watchdogs and was bored off my tits..

Anyone on here interested in playing multiplayer Sniper Elite 3(ps4)? add me on psn

ID: fill3rup_

fill3rup_ wrote: »
    I swapped Watchdogs for this in Gamestop,cost be about €18 on top,was a bargain as i played about 6 hours of Watchdogs and was bored off my tits..

Anyone on here interested in playing multiplayer Sniper Elite 3(ps4)? add me on psn

ID: fill3rup_

Good stuff.. Back to gamestop it goes.. Ill add you gor multiplayer.. Abroad at the moment so will add you tuesday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone tried the coop yet? Looks decent with the open approach.

Gonna wait till its around 15 not paying 45 for it. 31.99 on g2play atm that will drop rapidly i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FYI Pc players
    Sniper Elite 3 Steam Keys Illegally Revoked by Rebellion – Something is Fishy!
    As some of our customers have already noticed, Sniper Elite 3 is mysteriously disappearing from Steam accounts without any warning and without a legitimate reason. Yes, you are not dreaming. It is really happening.
    Sniper Elite 3 Steam keys are being illegally revoked and de-activated by Rebellion and thus putting hundreds of thousands of innocent gamers and retailers like us in a very awkward position.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we reassure you that we are not in any way the reason for the created situation. It was Rebellion who decided to revoke some of the keys. We lost hundreds of keys and just like some of you, we are victims of a scam.
    Our suppliers are trustworthy and properly verified, and they just like us are caught in this absurd situation.
    As a proof of the fact that our customers are always our priority, we are immediately refunding all Sniper Elite 3 revoked keys. We would like you to bear with us as it will take some time to process all the refunds. Thank you and keep in mind that our products come with 24 months of warranty and we are here 24/7 ready to assist you with any issue.
    You are very important to us.
    http://www.g2play.net/
    - Update -
    Rebellion
    “We appreciate that some people are upset, this is exactly why we wanted to make this offer to gamers who’ve been affected through no fault of their own.
    To clarify, one of our PC retail distributors informed us that some of their allotted Steam keys were stolen. We believe these keys were then resold to multiple companies, with no payments going to either Valve or the retail distributor.
    Steam were immediately informed and have now revoked that set of keys.
    As a developer Rebellion are happy for you to purchase the game anywhere you see fit and support price competition in the PC market - we have in no way targeted any specific vendors (who may have also thought these keys were legitimate), just this one set of keys.“

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like this has hit some of the larger sites since. Here's Kotaku's piece on it.

The Steam thread has some interesting comments on it too. Just how little were people paying for a key for the game? One poster claimed they are "trying to make me pay nearlly triplle for it on the steam store". I know Steam prices for new games are generally high but paying ~€16 for a ~€50 game at launch, really? :confused:

The language used in that G2Play press release is amusing at least, especially after their previous shady antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well I'm enjoying the game, anyway (touch wood! Don't want to get home and find my copy's been revoked! :D ). It's a huge step up from the second game, but does still suffer from the same AI problems that almost all stealth games have in that you can kill an enemy in front of his mate, his mate will go crazy trying to find you and when they can't find you they'll go about their business as if nothing happened, occasionally stepping over their dead friend as they continue on their patrol route.

But I like the huge levels and the freedom to complete your missions anyway you want. It actually feels really like a Hitman game at times, when you discover a novel way of taking out targets using the environment.

humanji wrote: »
    Well I'm enjoying the game, anyway (touch wood! Don't want to get home and find my copy's been revoked! :D ). It's a huge step up from the second game, but does still suffer from the same AI problems that almost all stealth games have in that you can kill an enemy in front of his mate, his mate will go crazy trying to find you and when they can't find you they'll go about their business as if nothing happened, occasionally stepping over their dead friend as they continue on their patrol route.

But I like the huge levels and the freedom to complete your missions anyway you want. It actually feels really like a Hitman game at times, when you discover a novel way of taking out targets using the environment.

for some reason the person doing the voice acting sounds like the person who done the voice acting for the hitman absolution game

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

i have this on ps4 and trying to get into a lobby for any of the mp modes is a nightmare. a genuine nightmare. like the ones where you're frozen in your bed and Mary Harney is dancing over you with a strap on and a jar of vaseline in her hand! is anyone else taking 10 or so attempts to get a lobby??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

dan hibiki wrote: »
    i have this on ps4 and trying to get into a lobby for any of the mp modes is a nightmare. a genuine nightmare. like the ones where you're frozen in your bed and Mary Harney is dancing over you with a strap on and a jar of vaseline in her hand! is anyone else taking 10 or so attempts to get a lobby??

On ps4 as well. I can only get a game if I select 'Any' for game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    for some reason the person doing the voice acting sounds like the person who done the voice acting for the hitman absolution game
    He reminds me of Vin Diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

AGoodison wrote: »
    On ps4 as well. I can only get a game if I select 'Any' for game mode.

takes about ten times for this to work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Has this officially been released here then? I checked earlier in XV and they had no mention of it on the shelves or even on the system.

I did get €45 trade for Watchdogs though. Thought I'd have to pay them to take it off me.

Advertisement