Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approval received - next steps?

Options
  • 04-06-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

My wife and I (first time buyers) have just received mortgage approval from one of the institutions we applied to. We have yet to hear back from the others, but anticipate approvals there too. Of course we have a particular house in mind, but are willing to look at a number of options.

I'm just wondering what our next steps should be? Should we try for approval with every institution under the sun - does shopping around make a big difference? Do any recent buyers have advice? Is there something you wished you knew at this point in the process? Anything we could get tripped up on? I want to go into this with my eyes open.

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 simpson80

My wife and I (first time buyers) have just received mortgage approval from one of the institutions we applied to. We have yet to hear back from the others, but anticipate approvals there too. Of course we have a particular house in mind, but are willing to look at a number of options.

I'm just wondering what our next steps should be? Should we try for approval with every institution under the sun - does shopping around make a big difference? Do any recent buyers have advice? Is there something you wished you knew at this point in the process? Anything we could get tripped up on? I want to go into this with my eyes open.

Hi there. Me and my partner got full approval yesterday but the good news didn't last long! The house we had our eye on for over a year has just gone sale agreed and we missed out. We have a few more to view however any of them I'm calling about are either under offer or sold. My advice would be to get moving on the house you have in mind as it seems things really are beginning to pick up and I regret waiting till I had full approval to start bidding. I'm sure we'll find our perfect home and hopefully ye do too. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

simpson80 wrote: »
    Hi there. Me and my partner got full approval yesterday but the good news didn't last long! The house we had our eye on for over a year has just gone sale agreed and we missed out. We have a few more to view however any of them I'm calling about are either under offer or sold. My advice would be to get moving on the house you have in mind as it seems things really are beginning to pick up and I regret waiting till I had full approval to start bidding. I'm sure we'll find our perfect home and hopefully ye do too. Good luck

Really sorry to hear that. Good luck with your search. The market in Limerick seems a little more relaxed based on my experiences. At least the houses in my price range :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

If you haven't got your life insurance sorted yet, get it done now, it delayed my application - because of something ridiculous!

I wouldn't be trying every institution (others may disagree with this one) but I went with AIB and they were the cheapest at the time, now they are no longer the cheapest but I am stuck with them - so, in honesty, its pot luck what institution you go for..

Advertisement