Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a 16 year old exchange euro to dollar in a post office?

Options
  • 04-06-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I am going to America in a few weeks and my mom already changed some of my money to dollars in the credit union. She wouldn't let me change any more than 300 but I know I will need more than that! Can I go to the post office and change the rest of the money without her finding out ? Will there be a track of my exchange ? Do I need an account ? Am I underage ?
    Thanks so much please answer asap!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

As long as the post office has enough dollars I can't see why they wouldn't.You don't need to provide them with I.D. or proof of address or anything so they've no way of tracking you and you don't need an account or anything.

Probably better (calmly!) explaining to your mother that you think you'll need more dollars rather than going behind her back though!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

Haha thanks a million, I'll try to persuade her first!!

Advertisement