Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History help !!!!

• 04-06-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Anyone know what came up in both higher level history mock papers this year?!!!

And what's everyone learning?

I really need the exact titles so I can see what the mock paper companies think might come up!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

I you're a gambler and have learned nothing id go on lenin and stalin as they have came up in one form or another as an essay every single year. Also learn the northern ireland case studies , the hungarian uprising and the eu and you should at least pass and if things go your way all those could come up and you could get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

what sections did you study?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Dictatorship , USA, Northern Ireland and southern Ireland from last year ! ( im a repeat) But im only interested in northern Ireland! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

For NI stick with civil rights/fall of stormont,and O'Neill, very likely to come up.

ejayy wrote: »
    Dictatorship , USA, Northern Ireland and southern Ireland from last year ! ( im a repeat) But im only interested in northern Ireland! :)

coleraine/civil rights/sunningdale/o'Neill .. just keep an eye on the case studies really :)

the questions on my mocks were
    1. what were the circumstances that brought about the rise of the civil rights movement in NI and what was it's impact on the outbreak of the troubles?
    2. why did the decision to open a second university in NI in Coleraine cause so much controversy?
    3. what was the impact of the anglo-irish agreement and the downing street declaration?
    4. what role did john hume and/or bernadette devlin play in the affairs of NI?

• Advertisement

For NI stick with civil rights/fall of stormont,and O'Neill, very likely to come up.

Thank u but ubrotunatley don't have any of those essays :(

coleraine/civil rights/sunningdale/o'Neill .. just keep an eye on the case studies really :)

the questions on my mocks were
    1. what were the circumstances that brought about the rise of the civil rights movement in NI and what was it's impact on the outbreak of the troubles?
    2. why did the decision to open a second university in NI in Coleraine cause so much controversy?
    3. what was the impact of the anglo-irish agreement and the downing street declaration?
    4. what role did john hume and/or bernadette devlin play in the affairs of NI?

Thank u!:)

Also if any of ye need any essays on the following: us foreign policy, policy of containment , Martin Luther king and hitlers foreign policy I got them all from a revision course and have them already scanned if u want me to forward them to ur email :)

Also if any of ye need any essays on the following: us foreign policy, policy of containment , Martin Luther king and hitlers foreign policy I got them all from a revision course and have them already scanned if u want me to forward them to ur email :)

If it isn't any trouble that essay on Hitler's foreign policy would be ace, seen our teacher basically never did his foreign policy with us! (kind of ridiculous really)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aislinggrace

Okay as a fellow ****ed history student I've narrowed down each topic and going back through the years there's not been one year where I'd be screwed so

Dictatorship & democrasy:
    Jarrow March (NB)
    Lenin & Stalin
    Church-state relations (highly tipped this year)

Northern Ireland:
    Coleraine
    Apprentice boys of Derry
    O'Neill

America:
    All of race relations (MLK, bus boycott, civil rights movement)
    US foreign policy (early one like Korean War, Vietnam, Berlin blockade and missile crisis)
    US foreign policy (1973- SALT Star Wars etc)

Hope I've helped, history kills me 😭

• Advertisement

If it isn't any trouble that essay on Hitler's foreign policy would be ace, seen our teacher basically never did his foreign policy with us! (kind of ridiculous really)

Pm me!!

Okay as a fellow ****ed history student I've narrowed down each topic and going back through the years there's not been one year where I'd be screwed so

Dictatorship & democrasy:
    Jarrow March (NB)
    Lenin & Stalin
    Church-state relations (highly tipped this year)

Northern Ireland:
    Coleraine
    Apprentice boys of Derry
    O'Neill

America:
    All of race relations (MLK, bus boycott, civil rights movement)
    US foreign policy (early one like Korean War, Vietnam, Berlin blockade and missile crisis)
    US foreign policy (1973- SALT Star Wars etc)

Hope I've helped, history kills me 😭

And I don't know any of those essays f^^k sake :L

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Europe:

Hitler
    Jarrow + Britain
    Looking over Mussolini

Ireland:
    But/Parnell
    Unionism

US:
    Foreign policy after Vietnam (1972-1989)
    Moon Landings + IT
    McCarthyism/SALT/Berlin/Cuba (smaller topics that come up togehter)

Think that should be alright

And I don't know any of those essays f^^k sake :L

Nazi propaganda is also highly tipped to make an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 griffin246

Does anyone know what questions came up on both mocks under usa, dict and democracy and movement for political and social reform? also does anyone have any ideas what case study is coming up i think treaty negotiations but not sure?

Advertisement