Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrier Line-New Install- How Long to be moved off?

Options
  • 04-06-2014 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a  new line install from Eircom last Monday and KN rang Friday to come and install the line. He spent a good 2 hours rooting down at the road and said that the address is on a carrier line and that it needs to be replaced and he was putting in a request for a bigger line to be installed. Some of the houses in the immediate area are on a carrier line thus not supporting Broadband and others aren't and can get broadband. The KN engineer said he was putting in a request for the line to be changed and the houses put onto a normal line if that makes sense. When I asked him how long it would take for this to be done he said " I dunno". Pushing the topic I said well does that mean 1 week 2 weeks 6 months a year and he said ah 2 weeks? Now I get the feeling that I was being brushed off as it was late Saturday evening and the sun was beaming down and I can imagine he just wanted to get home himself (couldn't blame the lad really)

How do I go about getting a better answer on whether we will be able to get our line sorted/ when the new connection will be done and the cabling done once the carrier line has been changed? I have a 7 day cool off which I was told was from the line is activated (its not yet) so what should I expect. He said that theres 4 houses on a carrier and he can't connect me as thats the max on the line and I need to wait to have the line changed - suggesting two weeks??

Any info would be appreciated!
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Hi,

I ordered a  new line install from Eircom last Monday and KN rang Friday to come and install the line. He spent a good 2 hours rooting down at the road and said that the address is on a carrier line and that it needs to be replaced and he was putting in a request for a bigger line to be installed. Some of the houses in the immediate area are on a carrier line thus not supporting Broadband and others aren't and can get broadband. The KN engineer said he was putting in a request for the line to be changed and the houses put onto a normal line if that makes sense. When I asked him how long it would take for this to be done he said " I dunno". Pushing the topic I said well does that mean 1 week 2 weeks 6 months a year and he said ah 2 weeks? Now I get the feeling that I was being brushed off as it was late Saturday evening and the sun was beaming down and I can imagine he just wanted to get home himself (couldn't blame the lad really)

How do I go about getting a better answer on whether we will be able to get our line sorted/ when the new connection will be done and the cabling done once the carrier line has been changed? I have a 7 day cool off which I was told was from the line is activated (its not yet) so what should I expect. He said that theres 4 houses on a carrier and he can't connect me as thats the max on the line and I need to wait to have the line changed - suggesting two weeks??

Any info would be appreciated!
    James

Hi james,

Two weeks sounds a bit odd, I've noticed that in most cases it can take up to six months however this is something not usually offered when a carrier line is installed. Sometimes this is carried out if the demand is quite large in the area but this is a an operational level which support will be unable to offer updates on. The best thing you can do is to contact accounts on free phone 1901 or via webchat (http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/ )  for more information.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement