Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2014 Xbox E3 Thread

• 04-06-2014 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

As the title states, this thread can be our catch all for pre-E3 speculation...and post E3 discussion. What will you be hoping for Xbox wise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hoping for stuff to be released this year (more than Forza Horizon and the inevitable FIFA, Madden, CoD-fest)
    Halo 5 isn't until fall 2015, so should only get the briefest mention this year at E3.

Hopefully they've an AAA title that's ready to drop this month, that they managed to keep secret and announce as the proverbial "one more thing", like the Xbox 360s. (Something like Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, or even Geometry wars 3 :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm excited about whatever this 'huge third party exclusive title' is going to be. I'm also hoping to see Crackdown 3.

In general, I hope Xbox (and Phil Spencer) go down really well with the fans/press this time. Last year was pretty disastrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

funkyflea wrote: »
    I'm excited about whatever this 'huge third party exclusive title' is going to be. I'm also hoping to see Crackdown 3.

In general, I hope Xbox (and Phil Spencer) go down really well with the fans/press this time. Last year was pretty disastrous.

Really?? I could live without another crackdown if im honest, well unless they dramatically improve over the 2nd one. The game play itself was fine it was just the implementation and a massive lack of variety in missions, it was the same thing repeated 4 or 5 times on different islands.

Unlikely we'll see it but would love to see a next gen Borderlands and Fallout title and for it to emerge that Project beast won't be a PS4 exclusive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

calex71 wrote: »
    Really?? I could live without another crackdown if im honest, well unless they dramatically improve over the 2nd one. The game play itself was fine it was just the implementation and a massive lack of variety in missions, it was the same thing repeated 4 or 5 times on different islands.

Unlikely we'll see it but would love to see a next gen Borderlands and Fallout title and for it to emerge that Project beast won't be a PS4 exclusive :(

I have both consoles, but yes I agree if its demon souls 2 it deserves to be shared with everyone :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    (

Yes, what can I say, I enjoyed them both. I agree that it could have been a bit more varied though.

Scouring the rooftops for agility orbs.. mmm.. agility orbs. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A bunch of remastered Halos immediately downloadable for free on Xbox One. :D

Looking out for Destiny stuff, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Backwards Compatibility. They sort that out, I pick XB1 over PS4.

It was being hinted at as a distant possibility recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Looking forward to MS conference, they have to go all out about games which I'm sure they will as last year was a confusing cluster****, I want to have a reason to buy an X1 down the road....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,426 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If backwards compatibility is introduced I'd go out and buy the console asap! I can't see it happening though.

I'm interested to see a proper trailer for Halo 5 also if they announced that the Halo 1 - 4 package they're releasing will include a single multiplayer set up that includes the best maps from all 4 games I'd be over the moon.

Other than that there's nothing that stands out really, I fully intend to buy the console eventually anyway but not for a while.

Heres hoping its better than last years effort and that they have something HUGE to announce that isn't a bigger hard drive / slimmer console / anything to do with kinect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I'll <snip> if backwards compatibility gets introduced.

Mod Note: Please don't post like that here.

Ohhhhhhhh it's starting :pac:

Awwwwwwwwwww pre-show :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Give me:

Halo remastered/Halo 5 news
    Plenty of Sunset Overdrive gameplay vids
    Backwards compatibility plans of some sort
    New exclusive we know nothing about

Wow franks humour totally flying over herbs head there :D

Achievements in snap mode and a new updated app. Nice!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Could someone kindly post a link to the event stream? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

An impressive showing I thought, nary a mention of TV at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

little bit dissapoimted with assasins creed unity. I thought it is going to look better. They did show that they can put 100s of people on street (like dead rising 3) but still .. for only next gen game I thought it is going to be better. ..

I'm always super excited for E3 and always find it to be boring (same for MS and Sony). Last year was great with new hardware however.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,426 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thought it was a decent presentation. Not many of the games caught my attention though, Scalebound could be cool though.

Fairly excited of the prospect of all the Halo multiplayer being on the One in one package, will probably result in me grabbing the console come november.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wasn't overly impressed with it at all tbh. Ori, Inside & Cuphead are the only things that grabbed my attention.

• Advertisement

Only interested in Crackdown if as I mentioned earlier they change it up and add lots more variety to it, the ID/Indie titles interested me the most.

I have a bad feeling about Sunset Overdrive, in that it might turn out to be like Dead Rising 3 where it was fun , there was enough to see and do but got boring after a while. We'll see I guess, hope I'm proven wrong there.

Hopefully the rest of the week we'll see some more new unannounced games from the 3rd parties.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    An impressive showing I thought, nary a mention of TV at all.

Thinking more on it, it showed almost exactly what I thought it was, but I guess I was more impressed by the way that they all stayed on message.

I'd guess that the last year has been eye opening for a lot of senior executives at Microsoft.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I was very disappointed, the only things noticeable were the same games showed off at last years show.

I was rather hoping they'd bring back some of the features that the were shot down pre launch but explained in a better way.

If they can solve the digital copy problem I think they'd be onto a real winner as the current situation is ridiculous with the digital pricing be almost punitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The most interesting stuff was late 2015 and 2016. On that note, Tomb Raider 1.5 years away :(

So pretty much everything that dude leaked on neogaf was true then?

Looking forward to Ori and Master Chief collection. Scalebound looked a bit naff to me but seems to have gone down well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

E3 presentation: A massive pile of very little.

Happy enough with that.

I'll be picking up Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection, Crackdown 3, Witcher 3. Cuphead looks really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭CiaranW

CombatCow wrote: »
    The most interesting stuff was late 2015 and 2016. On that note, Tomb Raider 1.5 years away :(

So basically don't go and buy an Xbox One yet!
    They released next gen too early.

Happy Wars for Xbox One - with cross-platform play with Xbox 360 version.
    I'm not quite sure what to do with that - but Cross-Platform is interesting (and good to know that they can do it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Based on the E3 presentation, I'll be keeping an eye on what type of game Crackdown actually is, buying Sunset Overdrive, playing Forza Horizon to death and getting the Halo pack.

Scaleborn or whatever it is called looks rubbish imo, or at least the character looks insufferable.

Was a disappointing event though, to be fair. I was hoping for some big hitter for the christmas period, but a remaster of four Halo games is what MS seem to be banking on.

I quite enjoyed the original Crackdown, never got around to playing the sequel but from what I've read it wasn't as good. Will keep an eye on #3 myself.

Never played Forza Horizon and don't really know much about it, what is the difference between it and standard Forza series? Liked Forza 5 but found it got stale pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed the original Crackdown, never got around to playing the sequel but from what I've read it wasn't as good. Will keep an eye on #3 myself.

Never played Forza Horizon and don't really know much about it, what is the difference between it and standard Forza series? Liked Forza 5 but found it got stale pretty quickly.

Open world, more arcadey - kinda like some of the Need for Speed titles in style of racing.

Loved the first horizon on the 360 so very much looking forward to this.

There are standard races, time trials, races vs planes - then a load of other little things like hidden cars to search out, speed traps to set fastest speeds at and things like that. Could also challenge racers to on the spot races if you saw them 'out and about' in horizon - I assume drivatars will be a big feature here.

Would agree re. Forza 5 - I loved it, but quite samey and a big of a grind to 'complete' in the end. Horizon, I suspect, will offer more variety as there will be A LOT more tracks (or routes) so it should retain interest longer, imo.

On crackdown, I loved the first, never got into the second, but if this is co-op heavy i'll give it a miss. I don't have gaming buddies so it will need a good single player to get me buying (and I want to buy!)

Open world, more arcadey - kinda like some of the Need for Speed titles in style of racing.

Loved the first horizon on the 360 so very much looking forward to this.

There are standard races, time trials, races vs planes - then a load of other little things like hidden cars to search out, speed traps to set fastest speeds at and things like that. Could also challenge racers to on the spot races if you saw them 'out and about' in horizon - I assume drivatars will be a big feature here.

Would agree re. Forza 5 - I loved it, but quite samey and a big of a grind to 'complete' in the end. Horizon, I suspect, will offer more variety as there will be A LOT more tracks (or routes) so it should retain interest longer, imo.
    I Like the look of Criterion's unnamed open world driving game from the EA conference. A bit more fun than the structured NFS Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There seems to be alot of games at e3 designed for 2- 4 co op play .
    I hope crackdown 3 , the division etc also have a complete single player game.
    That,s a good deal all the halo games on 1 disc.
    ITS funny that the kinect was not mentioned once at the conference .
    I don,t see any game like titanfall , that,ll be a big console seller for christmas .
    I think they keep digital prices high,
    so as not to compete too hard with gamestop, bricks and mortar stores.
    I thought that racing game ,with boats ,planes ,looked awful.

Advertisement