Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Xbox E3 Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I quite enjoyed the original Crackdown, never got around to playing the sequel but from what I've read it wasn't as good. Will keep an eye on #3 myself.

Never played Forza Horizon and don't really know much about it, what is the difference between it and standard Forza series? Liked Forza 5 but found it got stale pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed the original Crackdown, never got around to playing the sequel but from what I've read it wasn't as good. Will keep an eye on #3 myself.

Never played Forza Horizon and don't really know much about it, what is the difference between it and standard Forza series? Liked Forza 5 but found it got stale pretty quickly.

Open world, more arcadey - kinda like some of the Need for Speed titles in style of racing.

Loved the first horizon on the 360 so very much looking forward to this.

There are standard races, time trials, races vs planes - then a load of other little things like hidden cars to search out, speed traps to set fastest speeds at and things like that. Could also challenge racers to on the spot races if you saw them 'out and about' in horizon - I assume drivatars will be a big feature here.

Would agree re. Forza 5 - I loved it, but quite samey and a big of a grind to 'complete' in the end. Horizon, I suspect, will offer more variety as there will be A LOT more tracks (or routes) so it should retain interest longer, imo.

On crackdown, I loved the first, never got into the second, but if this is co-op heavy i'll give it a miss. I don't have gaming buddies so it will need a good single player to get me buying (and I want to buy!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Open world, more arcadey - kinda like some of the Need for Speed titles in style of racing.

Loved the first horizon on the 360 so very much looking forward to this.

There are standard races, time trials, races vs planes - then a load of other little things like hidden cars to search out, speed traps to set fastest speeds at and things like that. Could also challenge racers to on the spot races if you saw them 'out and about' in horizon - I assume drivatars will be a big feature here.

Would agree re. Forza 5 - I loved it, but quite samey and a big of a grind to 'complete' in the end. Horizon, I suspect, will offer more variety as there will be A LOT more tracks (or routes) so it should retain interest longer, imo.
    I Like the look of Criterion's unnamed open world driving game from the EA conference. A bit more fun than the structured NFS Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There seems to be alot of games at e3 designed for 2- 4 co op play .
    I hope crackdown 3 , the division etc also have a complete single player game.
    That,s a good deal all the halo games on 1 disc.
    ITS funny that the kinect was not mentioned once at the conference .
    I don,t see any game like titanfall , that,ll be a big console seller for christmas .
    I think they keep digital prices high,
    so as not to compete too hard with gamestop, bricks and mortar stores.
    I thought that racing game ,with boats ,planes ,looked awful.

Advertisement