Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monthly local carboot

Options
  • 04-06-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I live in a large housing estate and we've been throwing around ideas on how to basically raise community spirit and maybe raise some money to spend on improving our area.
    There is a green area and it was suggested we could hold a monthly car boot style event. Basically local people selling personal effects, clothes, books, bric a brac on tables. Some basic catering (this is where we'd make money).
    Who would I need to approach to organise something like this and what do I need to consider?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You might need to apply for a casual trading licence. I would call your local council to check there is a market that we have been invited to attend as a once off and would need to get the licence before we could do it.

Advertisement