Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Places to Stick Flyers

Options
  • 04-06-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to advertise my business offline. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best place to stick flyers up, to grab as many people's attention as possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Be very careful, you cannot stick them up anywhere as it illegal and sticking them under car wipers can be held to be littering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I got fined €1300 last year over the course of two days for putting flyers up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bandara wrote: »
    I got fined €1300 last year over the course of two days for putting flyers up

Ouch!

In Dublin there's a mattress retailer called Mattress Mick's who seems to be a master of sticking up posters all over town (or the Northside at least) in non-public places - Empty shops, factories and houses seem to be exempt from council regulations. However, he seems to be chasing the bottom of the market and therefore not worried about being associated with crap sites.

Your car or vehicle is also exempt from council regs. As long as it's safe to drive (and to other drivers) then you can put whatever you want on it (as long as it's decent!)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

danpeters wrote: »
    I want to advertise my business offline. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best place to stick flyers up, to grab as many people's attention as possible?

Completely depends on the business and the target market.
    As others have said be very careful. I put posters up, along side a multitude of others I might add on the hoarding around a building site and received a €150 fine for littering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Great interview of Mick in the IT today. He says he gets fined all the time for sticking his posters up so looks like no-one's safe.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/everybody-has-to-go-to-bed-the-life-and-philosophy-of-mattress-mick-1.1823369?page=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement