Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbikes Forum Meet - Sunday June 29 - MidwayM7

• 04-06-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Details for the spin

To avoid wading through pages of posts, here is the info:
    We are doing a great big Motorbikes Meet on the 29th of June - everyone welcome! Meeting at the Midway M7: http://www.midwaym7.com/ so its not too far from people not from Dublin. Map: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Midway+Food+Court/@53.0264493,-7.4901152,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x485d0de86e7aac97:0x7d9923a910fb14f

Anyone from the south side we are meeting at Hills Garage in Bray at 9.30am. We will then head to Laragh for a cuppa, and then meet the rest of the lads in the garaghe in Hollywood at 11.30am. From there we will head to the
    Midway M7 for about 1pm and meet any others there.

Role Call so far:

1: nerrad1983 (Darren, k7 Gsxr 600)
    2: the cats pajamas (Andy, R6)
    3: b_mac2 (Ben, ZX-6R)
    4: Trebob (Rob, sv650s)
    5: Zascar (Colly, Fireblade)
    6: KTRIC (Alan, Rocket III Roadster)
    7: Goodlad (Gary, SV1000s)
    8: batman_oh (Aaron, KTM 990SMR)
    9: Zubair (Jamie, SV650s)
    10: simona1986 (Simon, SV650S)
    11: jvan (Johan, Raleigh chopper)
    12: Lookbehindyou (Salt&Pepper, BMW1600RT)
    13: Wonda3oy (Valentine, CG125)
    14: dorannoel ( Noel, Trophy 900 )
    15:blu30ri0n (blue , blackbird)
    16: Bikerguy (burgman, 125)
    17: Cantdecide (Ian, RSV Mille, leaving from Cork)
    18:Leppla ( Mr. Leppla, VFR )
    19:Peanut2011 (Ed, Bandit 600)
    20: woz (Ian, street triple)
    21: Skill Magill (Skill Tediem)
    22: Kodak (Mark, Fazer FZ6)
    23: Alfonzito (Rory, BM R80 )

Hi lads, following on from this thread after seeing all the beautiful bikes http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057222213 I think it would be a good idea if we tried to organise a day during the summer to have a "motorbikes forum members meet"

I no we have members from all over the country but if we could arrange a central location to all of us it could work

It would be a great way to put faces to names etc

What do yous think?

If anybody has suggestions feel free to post up your idea

Thanks, Darren.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I was thinking about that too, I'm definitely up for it. The only issue might be the location, it should be suitable for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, I'm never free for the regular spins, but I'd be up for a one off meet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

We often have meets for our members in the 4wd club in the midlands in athlone it's kinda central for nearly everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Well i was sort of thinking having it at the http://www.midwaym7.com/

That is central enough for most people

I have been there before and has plenty of parking etc

This is only an idea, if other people have some ideas put them up aswell

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Well i was sort of thinking having it at the http://www.midwaym7.com/

That is central enough for most people

I have been there before and has plenty of parking etc

This is only an idea, if other people have some ideas put them up aswell

That's not a bad location at all, took below from their site...

Athlone 1 h
    Belfast 3 h
    Dublin 1 h
    Carlow 30 m
    Cork 2 h 15 m
    Galway 2 h
    Limerick 1 h 30 m
    Wexford 1 h 30 m
    Sligo 2 h 30 m

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Midway+Food+Court/@53.4681891,-6.8839613,7z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x485d0de86e7aac97:0x7d9923a910fb14f

• Advertisement

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    That's not a bad location at all, took below from their site...

Athlone 1 h
    Belfast 3 h
    Dublin 1 h
    Carlow 30 m
    Cork 2 h 15 m
    Galway 2 h
    Limerick 1 h 30 m
    Wexford 1 h 30 m
    Sligo 2 h 30 m

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Midway+Food+Court/@53.4681891,-6.8839613,7z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x485d0de86e7aac97:0x7d9923a910fb14f

30 mins from Carlow, no wonder your agreeing lol

Its very central and sure it would be a nice spin down that way

If Wonda comes he will be glad to no there is Subway:D

I'm going to have to find back roads across to make the drive interesting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Subway so I'm in!

30 mins from Carlow, no wonder your agreeing lol

LOL...you know I always take the long way, I'll probably meet up with a few of you earlier and make a day of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm going to have to find back roads across to make the drive interesting :pac:

I'll race you, that'll make it interesting :p

It is a boring spin from Dublin.. I was thinking about a race meeting in Mondello to make the day interesting for everyone ~ of course we'd be watching other's racing :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Count me in :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KTRIC wrote: »
    Count me in :-)

Count me out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Count me out :p

Look I've started showering, honest !! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I no we have members from all over the country

Not just Ireland, members span worldwide.

Wish I was there to take advantage of this opportunity, can’t think of a better way to spend a summer day than riding thru the back roads of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Sure it sounds grand. I rarely escape for a weekend but with enough notice im sure i can make it.

And Ktric, be careful on those back roads. At this time of year you might end up walking the bike through all the cow crap on the back roads instead of driving :p:p

Hi lads, following on from this thread after seeing all the beautiful bikes http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057222213 I think it would be a good idea if we tried to organise a day during the summer to have a "motorbikes forum members meet"

I no we have members from all over the country but if we could arrange a central location to all of us it could work

It would be a great way to put faces to names etc

What do yous think?

If anybody has suggestions feel free to post up your idea

Thanks, Darren.

Well Darren, since it's your OP, I think it's up to you to organise this :pac:
    Pick a date, confirm a venue, decide on who you're going to get for catering and we'll work from there!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fantastic idea and I'd love to see as big a gathering as possible - always really hard to pick a date that suits everyone but if we do it long enough in advance I'm sure it would be a n excellent day. Happy to help in any way needed.

Good to see there is a bit of interest in this lads

First things first would be to sort out a location suitable for everybody

I still think that the midway service station is a good spot i'v been to a car meet there before and it was perfect, the only bad thing about it is that its on a motorway but im sure we could all go the long way to it

Anyway open to other suggestions so if anybody has some post them up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

Good to see there is a bit of interest in this lads

First things first would be to sort out a location suitable for everybody

I still think that the midway service station is a good spot i'v been to a car meet there before and it was perfect, the only bad thing about it is that its on a motorway but im sure we could all go the long way to it

Anyway open to other suggestions so if anybody has some post them up!!!

It's near the n77& n80, two decent roads for an alternative route to the motorway, they'd be less boring anyways :D

Also to add, I'd be up for a forum meet up. You'll probably never keep everybody happy with a date but if you give it enough advance notice I'm sure most could manage to make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anywhere at all in the country suites me fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Heres the thing, youse are all not from Dublin and it needs to be a drive out to a place and not just a meet up, therin lies the rub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Are we going to set a date for this?

I think it's a great idea. Would be good fun to have a big group meet/ spin. We can wreak havoc wherever we go and help old ladies cross the street, top up expired parking meters, plant trees, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

zubair wrote: »
    Are we going to set a date for this?

I think it's a great idea. Would be good fun to have a big group meet/ spin. We can wreak havoc wherever we go and help old ladies cross the street, top up expired parking meters, plant trees, etc.

Saturday 14th? :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Might be an idea to see what weekends do Not work for some people. Next two weekends are out for me. Anything after that I'll just book it in... Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

I'll make the effort on any sat or sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well it does not get dark till late now....so it could be a mid week date also, not everyone is off the weekends. I dont mind really but if its on a road racing weekend I will be out.

Right Lads, The meet is going to happen on the 29th of june at 1 o clock at the MidwayM7 Service Station http://www.midwaym7.com/

I'm going to start a list of who is attending and what bike you will be on so just copy+paste it and add your details if your coming along

Lets try make this a big one ok :D

2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Could I tag along on this? Would need a bit of notice on dates as I would have to book it off (work every weekend). Been wanting to go on a big group spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

2: the cats pajamas (Andy, R6)
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:

• Advertisement

Trebob wrote: »
    Could I tag along on this? Would need a bit of notice on dates as I would have to book it off (work every weekend). Been wanting to go on a big group spin.

No problem Trebob everybody is welcome along

Its the 29th of june

Stick your details down on the list

Advertisement