Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbikes Forum Meet - Sunday June 29 - MidwayM7

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Jaysus Kitric surely you didn't use so much juice on the meet that it necessitates selling your rocket? :( Just seen it there on adverts

health reasons... tripple seat didnt work... LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Bikerguy wrote: »
    health reasons... tripple seat didnt work... LoL

I'd say it is that scratch! Bike is just not the same since! :D

Only joking, it's a savage looking bike and must have been quite hard to make that decision! Hope you and the Mrs. recover quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

^^^
    Cheers Ed, thats very helpful.

Hope you get it sorted and it's nothing serious!

Just seen your magical mystery mini spin on the way back lol, looked like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Looks like it was a great day out! Sorry I couldn't come now but I had to go to a friends engagement party.

The footage is great and i don't want to spoil it for ye but there's a lot of 'evidence' there should someone decide to do ye :( Maybe better to bring it to pm...

I'm not even sure if they can use your own videos against you in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lack of use? Seemed like he was getting out on it regularly. Lovely bike, definitely something I'd have in the garage if I won the lotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wonda - that chest mount position aint too shabby. Might look into it myself. My helmet is the best position but can cause problems on windy days.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had a go with the chest mount but it was just staring at the tank. I was told you mount it upside down and it gets a better angle - I'm going to try it again. I also bought some new mounts so it gets higher up as I'm very leaned over on my bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Zascar wrote: »
    I had a go with the chest mount but it was just staring at the tank. I was told you mount it upside down and it gets a better angle - I'm going to try it again. I also bought some new mounts so it gets higher up as I'm very leaned over on my bike.

I looking at getting a chest mount too but I was worried it would be too low.
    You might let us know get on with the mounts you are getting Zascar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Wonderburger had a chest mounted go pro, and it failed.:)
    Be careful how you mount the gopro on the chest mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads the chest mount is the best thing I bought, WELL WORTH IT....I have other vids from the mount and they are perfect view is brilliant and no real wind noise. Dont let my one **** up put you off. Its just I knocked the fricken camera on the spin. I will post up a bit of it when it works.

BTW,

You can have the harness sitting as high as you like, I usually have it just under my chin high torso and its fab. Or you can have it mid belly if on some big cruiser or the loike! Its totally customizable with the straps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Cienciano wrote: »
    Lack of use? Seemed like he was getting out on it regularly. Lovely bike, definitely something I'd have in the garage if I won the lotto.

He wasn't ;-)

3000 kilometres in 6 months !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

KTRIC wrote: »
    He wasn't ;-)

3000 kilometres in 6 months !!
    Are you going to remain bikeless? That milage isn't too bad if you're not commuting and just going out on nice days. Not great if you're touring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Cienciano wrote: »
    Are you going to remain bikeless? That milage isn't too bad if you're not commuting and just going out on nice days. Not great if you're touring!

Meant to be touring but it just wasn't happening. That and I doubt I'll be driving much for the moment. We have the Rocket III and a Gixer 750 SRAD. The gixer is staying for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

you could see clearly blue smoke going out from your left exhaust mate. and everytime you downshifted to overtake it popped flames and the smoke was very intense to be honest... i can tell as i was behind you all the way to portlaoise :eek:

when we left the petrol station it was most noticable... it was like a diesel car... i dont know much but i guess it can be top end.... :( sorry bro... i hope you get her sorted.

Ed, Ive given your observations to my mate who's a mechanic and it really helped in diagnosing whats up with the engine. We're (he's)going to do the rings and valve stem seals, and since he's going in that far take a look at the piston.
    The thing is it still drives very fluidly but I'm putting in a litre of semi synth for every 1000km, which is a joke.
    Thanks again for your help, and The-Chap too, (brutal with names Andy?)
    I owe you guys a burger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Ed, Ive given your observations to my mate who's a mechanic and it really helped in diagnosing whats up with the engine. We're (he's)going to do the rings and valve stem seals, and since he's going in that far take a look at the piston.
    The thing is it still drives very fluidly but I'm putting in a litre of semi synth for every 1000km, which is a joke.
    Thanks again for your help, and The-Chap too, (brutal with names Andy?)
    I owe you guys a burger :D

the best present for me will be driving behind you with no danger of being intoxicated :)

i am glad that you are going to sort her out... let us know what was causing the problem... we may learn new things.

on other hand.. twins are known by eating a little oil... but nothing like 1L every 1000Km... thats way over...

once again good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

the best present for me will be driving behind you with no danger of being intoxicated :)

i am glad that you are going to sort her out... let us know what was causing the problem... we may learn new things.

on other hand.. twins are known by eating a little oil... but nothing like 1L every 1000Km... thats way over...

once again good luck.

Its all Karma Ed, remember we were on the Poker Run and I spotted your old bike (Aprilla) doing the same. One good deed deserves another.....fair play. ;)

Advertisement