Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbikes Forum Meet - Sunday June 29 - MidwayM7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

goodlad wrote: »
    I hear ya man. Its going to be a hard day on the wallet for petrol.
    I actually sold off some Airsoft gear to cover it!!

Wanna buy some airsoft gear...cheap? I'll throw in a gallon of petrol for each item!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am more or less in the same boat, but when you dont drink or smoke you have more money for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I think most are in this position when it comes to money tbh

All I can say is even if you's want to come to the meet and not head for a spin after it it's no bother

The more people that actually attends the meet part the better

I'm looking forward more so to the spin down to midway than if we go on one after it

Anyway lads as I said the more the merrier!

Wanna bump this thread up!

The Meet is this coming Sunday lads

Hope everybody who has put there name down can still attend

If you cant just let us no so we can get a rough idea on numbers

People from South Dublin/Wicklow, we are meeting at Hills Garage in Bray at 9:30

Then head up to Hollwood on the N81, We will be leaving there at 11:30 to make our way to The MidwayM7 Services hopefully for in or around 1:00

If anybody wants to meet up along the way let us no and we will try and sort something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

people from Dublin / North we are meeting on texaco petrol station airside 11:30 sharp.

• Advertisement

I will be leaving my house at 10am on Sunday and driving in all sort of zigzags to the meeting point to kill time and have a spin at the same time. So if anyone is in the Royal County or surrounding areas wants to meet up nay probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Ok, meet yous at Hollywood (Emo station) on the N81. Will be there for 11:15!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

I would be interested in joining you guys for a spin. I'm from Bray so could meet up with everyone going from Hills Garage. Nice chance to meet up with the regulars here on boards. What route are you planning to take from Bray?

I would be interested in joining you guys for a spin. I'm from Bray so could meet up with everyone going from Hills Garage. Nice chance to meet up with the regulars here on boards. What route are you planning to take from Bray?

I am sure the lads around that area will sort you mate....watch this space! ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am sure the lads around that area will sort you mate....watch this space! ;)

Thanks. I will know for definate by the middle of the week and will post up here :) Will be a nice run if the weather stays the way it is :)

• Advertisement

Goodman, we are going to head up the kilmac road up to Laragh and then over the gap to Hollywood

Weather is meant to be good btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Goodman, we are going to head up the kilmac road up to Laragh and then over the gap to Hollywood

Have you seen the state of the road just before roundwood? Mountains of loose stones for a good bit. Might be cleared a bit for next weekend I guess. A thoughtful person I was out with decided to repeatedly spin his bike up and add a few stone chips to my r1.

Sounds good will look forward to it! I'll post my name up during the week to confirm :-)

batman_oh wrote: »
    Have you seen the state of the road just before roundwood? Mountains of loose stones for a good bit. Might be cleared a bit for next weekend I guess. A thoughtful person I was out with decided to repeatedly spin his bike up and add a few stone chips to my r1.

Is that on the main road from Kilmac or is it the road coming from Newtownmountkennedy in to Roundwood?

I wasnt up that direction over the weekend at all

Would not be to impressed with him for doing that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

People from Dublin / North we are meeting on texaco petrol station airside 11:30 sharp.
    People from South Dublin/Wicklow, we are meeting at Hills Garage in Bray at 9:30
    then they head up to Hollwood on the N81, We will be leaving there at 11:30 to make our way to The MidwayM7 Services

So where in Hollywood lads and for what time abouts?

Midway services station for 1.00pm.

After that, there hasn't really been any suggestions apart from getting the fúck out of there and headin back home.

For me, I wouldn't mind heading from Dublin north down to meet the lads in Bray and then up through the gap and onto midway. That would be my spin though, A bite to eat and back to Finglas after.

Thoughts?

It is the Emo Garage just on the N81 thats where we will be at 11:00 and leaving at 11:30

@Skill, that sound like a plan to meet us in Bray

As i said before in other posts there is no pressure on anybody to go for a spin after the meet

for the likes of us leaving Wicklow/Dublin its already a good spin down and back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

@nerrad, I see what your doin man, you're waitin for people, I was about to say it doesn't take that long to drive from Bray to Hollywood,:D (ie meetin at 9.30 to arrive in hollywood for 11.00)
    I'm an early starter and wouldn't mind meetin up with yiz there.

ie 11.00 in Hollywood

Unless its rainin

Is that on the main road from Kilmac or is it the road coming from Newtownmountkennedy in to Roundwood?

I wasnt up that direction over the weekend at all

Would not be to impressed with him for doing that!

Yeah was pretty annoyed alright! It's on the main road from kilmac to Laragh - there's a good lot of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Would love to come along but I can't make it. Hope ye have a good day for it. Ride safe.

just to mention... i will be at texaco airside on blue FZ1 fazer with white/red helmet.

hint: i will be the biggest lad around..

Gary it looks like i will become the "Billy No Mates" at the end of the day...anyway i like going on my own. i am used to it.. LoL

• Advertisement

So if its raining there will only be 3 or 4 mongos standing around eating burgers (me being one of them)......LMFAO

Bikerguy wrote: »
    just to mention... i will be at texaco airside on blue FZ1 fazer with white/red helmet.

hint: i will be the biggest lad around..

Gary it looks like i will become the "Billy No Mates" at the end of the day...anyway i like going on my own. i am used to it.. LoL

If you are deffo on your own I will go to Drogheda and meet you Ed, we do the nice twistys back over to the meet and greet. I ride shotgun with you no probs. ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you are deffo on your own I will go to Drogheda and meet you Ed, we do the nice twistys back over to the meet and greet. I ride shotgun with you no probs. ;)

lets see... the closer to the date we get the more i will know.

btw i am attending at any weather.. rain or not.. its a burger time :)

Well lads have any of yous decided if yous are meeting up with each other on the way down on Sunday?

Weather is looking good aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Well lads have any of yous decided if yous are meeting up with each other on the way down on Sunday?

Weather is looking good aswell

I'm going to meet up with Wonda and Lookbehindyou early on during the day to get some twisties in, I'll stick around for some grub and a chat at midway before heading back home. Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'll meet you's at hills garage. Looking forward to sampling the culinary delights of midway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I'm going to meet up with Wonda and Lookbehindyou early on during the day to get some twisties in, I'll stick around for some grub and a chat at midway before heading back home. Looking forward to it now!

Let me know where and what time.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Sorry lads I'm a big fat drop out, one the lads on work went down so I've gotta work. (Pished to say the least) hope to get out on one of your other spins sometime soon. Il keep an eye of someone sticks up a thread or post about one.

Ride safe and enjoy lads.

Should be able to get out. Will probably go for brekkie in Laragh and then back across gap to Hollywood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

im going to have to miss it lads.
    Still in this poxxy cast :(

Advertisement