Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbikes Forum Meet - Sunday June 29 - MidwayM7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

1: nerrad1983 (Darren, k7 Gsxr 600)
    2: the cats pajamas (Andy, R6)
    3: b_mac2 (Ben, ZX-6R)
    4: Trebob (Rob, sv650s)
    5: Zascar (Colly, Fireblade)
    6: KTRIC (Alan, Rocket III Roadster)
    7: Goodlad (Gary, SV1000s)
    8: batman_oh (Aaron, KTM 990SMR)
    9: Zubair (Jamie, SV650s)
    10: simona1986 (Simon, SV650S)
    11: jvan (Johan, Raleigh chopper)
    12: Lookbehindyou (Salt&Pepper, BMW1600RT)
    13: Wonda3oy (Valentine, CG125)
    14: dorannoel ( Noel, Trophy 900 )
    15:blu30ri0n (blue , blackbird)
    16: Bikerguy (burgman, 125)
    17: Cantdecide (Ian, RSV Mille, leaving from Cork)
    18:Leppla ( Mr. Leppla, VFR )
    19:Peanut2011 (Ed, Bandit 600)
    20: woz (Ian, street triple)
    21: Skill Magill (Skill Tediem)
    22: Kodak (Mark, Fazer FZ6)
    23: Alfonzito (Rory, BM R80 )
    24. nemoisback66 (Andy, R6)
    25. szatan84 (Mick, cb600f)

Will meet in bray, dont know if ill go al the way to midway but ill stick around fir the wicklow part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Well i never did get the info about the lads who are meeting in Kildare for a spin before the meet..... So i will just head straight to Midway later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

goodlad wrote: »
    Well i never did get the info about the lads who are meeting in Kildare for a spin before the meet..... So i will just head straight to Midway later.

Goodlad Micks house for 11am....long spin to meet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Is anyone meeting up from Northside for a spin before the midway meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I don't no tbh I think biker guy is

I'm in bray at hills just waiting on people

See you's soon

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Goodlad Micks house for 11am....long spin to meet ;)

Nice one! Quick slap of a vulcanet and i will see ya then.

Meet @ Texaco airside swords at 1130 if anyone wants to join from Northside for the run down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Ended up drinking pretty heavily last night so wasn't in a fit state to drive this morning, looks like a lovelynday for it anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

One of the lads I was out with got a puncture so was stuck at Laragh for a bit! Nice day for it but the Wicklow gap on a Sunday has become a sham with cyclists. Need to be there about 7am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

batman_oh wrote: »
    One of the lads I was out with got a puncture so was stuck at Laragh for a bit! Nice day for it but the Wicklow gap on a Sunday has become a sham with cyclists. Need to be there about 7am!

Not just the Wickow Gap.
    What's the crack with them being over the white line in the middle of the road?

Came around a bend earlier and 3 of them taking up 3/4 of the road.
    I nearly felt like ploughing straight through them.
    I don't get road rage but why can't these f*ckers keep in a bit and stop holding up traffic?

Oh yeah,I also got a puncture out in the countryside today aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Went a little array on the way back!! Think I ended up in mountmellick twice!
    Nice meeting up with you guys, a really friendly bunch! It was gas when we moved some bikes over so as not to take up the coach parking space, only to have another 6 or so bikes arrive and park up in the space we'd just cleared. :D

Oh, and whilst I was driving to and from portarlington and mountmellick, I started running low on fuel, so saw a sign for Emo, which it turns out is a place and not a petrol station, nor does it have one!

iljn4Kk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Super fun ride out today! Really enjoyed and it was great to meet everyone!! :-) Enjoyed myself that much ended up being 3 hours late for dinner but hey it was worth it!
    Big shout out to the lads for organising it and for the superfast orange bibs :-) Will be good to do it again soon! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Nice meet lads! Well done for organising it Darren!

Being my first one I must say I found it a bit too fast for me and my 600 cc struggled to keep up!

And especially after embarrassing myself on that bend just passed Baltinglass I had to keep going and not stop in Hollywood! :)

In any case, nice to put faces to names on here!

^^^
    What did you do that bend? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Great day lads, thanks to everyone that turned up! Really enjoyed it and every one was dead sound! Have some footage, last leg of the run to blessington is spoiled by few bugs that pretty much covered the lens, will upload the vids as soon as I can.

14349134178_6f76fac289_b.jpg

14534715582_f4ecc9de02_b.jpg
    14349137578_757bd07774_b.jpg
    l
    l
    14532326291_e9ea41d252_b.jpg
    l
    14555847393_c9f7803302_b.jpg
    14512603286_975c1a0c1d_b.jpg
    14349130799_35ffacf2a0_b.jpg
    14512621806_cc38139cfa_b.jpg
    14555877993_df01a3cb22_b.jpg
    What a bunch of posers! :pac:
    14534274204_290ce62ed1_b.jpg
    If anyone wants the hires versions send me a pm with the link to the pic you want!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great spin! And great to finally meet everyone, nice to put some faces to usernames! Fair play to Darren for organising - and the lads for marshalling - great job. We'll have to have another one soon - hopefully the lads who could not make it can make the next one!

Emerv.jpg
    T7udq.jpg
    Few more pix here

^^^

Wait for the video :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

^^^

Well my version is I came in too fast for my comfort and ended up way too far on other side of the road!

I do expect fair amount of slagging, but I'm sticking with my version! :)

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Well my version is I came in too fast for my comfort and ended up way too far on other side of the road!

I do expect fair amount of slagging, but I'm sticking with my version! :)
    LOL don't worry about it dude, you'll learn from it ;)

Just spotted the happiest bike at the meet !!

laxkoJe.png

• Advertisement

Lads thanks to all that attended today it was a great turnout and good to see some new people off the forum

Fairplay to all wearing Mick,Gary and Blu for sorting the route for the spin after the meet and keeping everybody together 23 bikes can get messy at times

We covered good ground at a nice pace for most of the day with no mishaps which was the important thing!

@Blu, That Bird is an animal, it just took off super smooth!

Thanks again lads as i said without everybody turning up it would have been a disaster

Looking forward to seeing some of the footage that was recorded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

thanks for the run gents - sorry I had to scarper early

hope to do again soon

The drift splits the video files after a certain size. I'm just saving them together into longer clips now and will slap em up to youtube later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great turnout and savage collection of bikes. You's got a class day for it, hopefully i'll make the next one

goodlad wrote: »
    The drift splits the video files after a certain size. I'm just saving them together into longer clips now and will slap em up to youtube later.

Doing the same here myself, didnt bother with music or any of that crap, good bit of wind noise but occasional blast from your SV could be heard lol.
    nerrad1983 wrote: »
    @Blu, That Bird is an animal, it just took off super smooth!

LOL it was fun, puts a grin on my face :D

Cracking day and a fab turn out, thanks to Darren for organising and the 3 amigos for the spin marshalling

Peanut - I was right behind you, you set yourself up nicely for the corner, tipped in nicely, next thing I was thinking where the feck is he going lol

Happens to the best of us, you recovered well and it didn't slow you down :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Great day lads and nice too meet you all. A great set of machines there today and all level headed pilots! No Heros there today and we all covered good ground at a good pace.

I don't remember who most of you are but sure hopefully I will see you all out and about on a spin again.

I left my place at nine bells Tis morning and only home at ten bells tonight. Great day Biking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Good day with good people...i am glad that i have made it. It was really a good craic.

Thank you
    Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Have some nice photos but not enough posts yet to share a link or post up!!
    Will have to tear up the keyboard and get posting!! A great day and thanks again to Darren for organising it and the marshalls for keeping all safe!! My @ss is in bits haha :-)

• Advertisement

Only 24 posts to go lol

Did you meet the guard jeep on the way down to kilmac?

Advertisement