Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbikes Forum Meet - Sunday June 29 - MidwayM7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Only 24 posts to go lol

Did you meet the guard jeep on the way down to kilmac?

Haha yea. Traffic the whole way home so took it handy. When it passed me I was stuck behind 20+ cars. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Great Day lads it really was, nice to meet you all and hopefully we all make an effort to do it more in the summer months. So happy we all got home safe and sound and no mishaps mid spin.

BTW, Who is the Marshal lad yiz are all talking about.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Highlight of the summer... I don't get out much. It was an awesome day... great bikes, roads and weather.

Big thanks to the orange blurs aka marshals.

See you all next year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

zubair wrote: »
    Highlight of the summer... I don't get out much. It was an awesome day... great bikes, roads and weather.

Big thanks to the orange blurs aka marshals.

See you all next year :p

Ah sure we do it again in a month or two . Keep the buzz going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

leppla wrote: »
    Ah sure we do it again in a month or two . Keep the buzz going

What did you make of the vstrom when ya swapped with Mick?

• Advertisement

Done the day on 720p at 30fps so i could fit it all on the SD card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

The_Chap wrote: »
    Peanut - I was right behind you, you set yourself up nicely for the corner, tipped in nicely, next thing I was thinking where the feck is he going lol

Happens to the best of us, you recovered well and it didn't slow you down :-)

Yeah I asked myself the same question! :confused:

goodlad wrote: »
    What did you make of the vstrom when ya swapped with Mick?

I have driven it before. It's a superb bike and will never let you down. Great commander seating position and ideal for commuting. It's on my list for when I can have two bikes on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Wonda, you had a gp pro strapped to your chest, did you take any footage with it?
    It'd be interesting to compare :
    • The positioning of it compared to a helmet mount
    • The quality compared to goodlads drift (I know he put it at a lower setting to squeeze everything onto the card :pac:

And blu3oriron, was that you with the Sj4000 scaffolded to your lid ;) How did you find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wonda, you had a gp pro strapped to your chest, did you take any footage with it?
    • The quality compared to goodlads drift (I know he put it at a lower setting to squeeze everything onto the card :pac:

And blu3oriron, was that you with the Sj4000 scaffolded to your lid ;) How did you find it?

lol yeah, picked up a lot of wind noise, too bad it doesn't have an external mic port, but the quality is very good. I also recorded at 720p due tot he size of the card i had. It's still uploading so will post it soon as it's done. I would say the chest harness is the way to go tbh, I found that it would cause a bit of a drag in windy conditions and you could feel it pulling the helmet, but it held in place well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Alfonzito

Thanks a lot for organising this ride out. I enjoyed the run down to Midway, but I had to leave early to catch up with family, but after took the cross country route back to Dublin via Athy, Castledermot and Blessington, some nice sweeping roads . Think I saw three camera vans on the way back - didn't realise that there were so many out there.

Alfonzito ( BM R80 )

Alfonzito wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for organising this ride out. I enjoyed the run down to Midway, but I had to leave early to catch up with family, but after took the cross country route back to Dublin via Athy, Castledermot and Blessington, some nice sweeping roads . Think I saw three camera vans on the way back - didn't realise that there were so many out there.

Alfonzito ( BM R80 )

Lovely machine that! I was getting high off the fumes from your machine at the back :D There is a good bit of footage of you to enjoy once the upload is done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It was great meeting everyone yesterday.

I'll work on getting my footage uploaded from the GoPro over the next day or two. Recorded at 720p to save space.

From this point onwards you can really see where the 30fps lets its down.
    Once the speed picks up the trees are all choppy.

Next spin out i will leave it on 720p at 60fps and see what the difference is like at speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=En0CMReBKtE#t=1199

I cant embed the video or it doesn't play from the time frame i set.

Yeah I had the Go Pro 3 PLUS (coz Im posh) and it was recording @ 1440 for 60mins. I will work on getting the footage up asap.

Sorry I dont think I actually got to chat to you yesterday m8, there were so many people and I can only give out so many autographs

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sorry I dont think I actually got to chat to you yesterday m8, there were so many people and I can only give out so many autographs

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

You must be still wearing the orange bib marshal, gone to your head it is!l :p:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    You must be still wearing the orange bib marshal, gone to your head it is!l :p:pac:

But he really protested at having to wear one! He did, I saw him! :D

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    But he really protested at having to wear one! He did, I saw him! :D

He did too! He also probably went to bed wearing it too, that's one marshaling I don't want to see! :eek:

That honda civic just before we get to midway is priceless!! I still have not found the point were mick clocks the bird, so if anyone finds that let me know what time its at cheers.

That honda civic just before we get to midway is priceless!! I still have not found the point were mick clocks the bird, so if anyone finds that let me know what time its at cheers.

That before the dope in the civic.
    I will have a look through for the time in a few mins.

• Advertisement

He actually pulled in for us when we came up :)

It's that hooligan lookbehindyou he told me when the car passed us when were stopped up the road that we would have fun passing him haha

Once Mick pass him i started flashing my colored lights at him as i moved up to pass...... :eek:

Lads I have loads of footage but when I stuck that stupid orange bib on I must have knocked the camera slightly....I will upload a bit of footage so you can see the quality and look at my fuel tank for hrs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

.... i bet thems 8 meat balls and d cookie didnt help to stable the camera enough...

beware a lot of wind noise once we get going so you might wanna turn down the volume!

720p @ 30fps

beware a lot of wind noise once we get going so you might wanna turn down the volume!

720p @ 30fps

Quite surprised at the quality of that camera Blu3 TBH....well worth the money. ;)

Lads Youtube or the Go Pro Suite is giving me the run around. I have the sound when doing the 1st step in the GPS but when it converts no sound. I just stuck some cheesy music on the vid but it might take a while to upload. Obviously you are not getting the same clarity with the conversion from You tube but its very sharp on my own monitor. Make sure to watch in 1080 as UTOOB dont do 1440 FFS!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Quite surprised at the quality of that camera Blu3 TBH....well worth the money. ;)

Aye, the only downsides as far as I can tell are the battery life (about 70-75mins), the mic and the lack of an external mic but I should be able to hack an external mic to it easily.

Well happy for 40quid. Need to get a larger card for 1080p though.

• Advertisement

Aye, the only downsides as far as I can tell are the battery life (about 70-75mins), the mic and the lack of an external mic but I should be able to hack an external mic to it easily.

Well happy for 40quid. Need to get a larger card for 1080p though.

The colours are a bit washy too, but I might get one for back up for the GP3.

Advertisement