Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbikes Forum Meet - Sunday June 29 - MidwayM7

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

40 quid!! From where?? Link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Zascar wrote: »

LOL it was an auction on ebay, got very lucky!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ahh ok. Another lad I know got a Chinese gopro copy for €70 and afaik it was pretty much just as good! Never did find out the name or link..

Ahh ok. Another lad I know got a Chinese gopro copy for €70 and afaik it was pretty much just as good! Never did find out the name or link..

There is a few on auction atm, just keep an eye on them,

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=sj4000&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Good Craic all round, think all can agree! I see that speed camera on the goodlads video on the way into Hollywood , could be in trouble !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have one ordered from AliExpress but it cost €66

blade1 wrote: »
    I have one ordered from AliExpress but it cost €66

Still a bargain I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

kodak wrote: »
    Good Craic all round, think all can agree! I see that speed camera on the goodlads video on the way into Hollywood , could be in trouble !!

Spotted one on blues video too. Ah Jaysus!

zubair wrote: »
    Spotted one on blues video too. Ah Jaysus!

At what time, didn't see any except the one on the way to Hollywood! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I have my tax disc placed well ;)
    I didn't even notice the van!

• Advertisement

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    At what time, didn't see any except the one on the way to Hollywood! :o

48:40 ish on your vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

zubair wrote: »
    48:40 ish on your vid.

I noticed that one yesterday alright, we were only tipping past it. Never seen the one going to Hollywood.

jvan wrote: »
    I noticed that one yesterday alright, we were only tipping past it. Never seen the one going to Hollywood.

Oh we were well under the speed limit on both of them, should be fine. TBH we were all well behaved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

jvan wrote: »

Same here. Although coming into Hollywood i was busy seeing if my SV had a hope of keeping up with a 1000RR. As expected, it absolutely cant, haha.

What time stamp on my vid is the one coming into Hollywood?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

What time on goodlads vid is the camera, still haven't seen it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Only remember seeing the one on blue's footage. We were doing around 80kph, remember looking at the spedo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Are vans not taking photos of the front regs of cars, I've never been bothered by vans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

The_Chap wrote: »
    What time on goodlads vid is the camera, still haven't seen it!

Just boosting the hits on goodlads video! Didn't see a thing coming into Hollywood , however blu has me worried now

Just boosting the hits on goodlads ! Didn't see a thing coming into Hollywood , however blu has me worried now

He could have moved off, myself and leppla had a fair bit of a head start going in to hollywood.

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    He could have moved off, myself and leppla had a fair bit of a head start going in to hollywood.

Probably just hit his weekly quota so went home :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Never copped one on the way to Hollywood and if there was hopefully it didnt cop me;)

Some great footage lads

@Blu, that camera is well worth the money you paid

Tbh i couldnt justify spending big dollars on a Go Pro

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Never copped one on the way to Hollywood and if there was hopefully it didnt cop me;)

Some great footage lads
    I went over the my footage and couldn't see it, I only noticed it in my mirror which is not visible in the footage at the time, bit hard to miss. It's defiantly not there in goodlads video so you are all safe lads:D
    il_570xN.196103402.jpg

That was my reasoning, did a test 1080p today and it looks great, well worth the money, even at 60-80 quid - its not a gorpo but still well worth the money - I would say get extra batteries for it though.

Just boosting the hits on goodlads video! Didn't see a thing coming into Hollywood , however blu has me worried now

Lol swine! Hope there wasn't one I'm usually pretty eagle eyed

Some great footage lads

Meant to say fair dues to you all for taking the time to upload the videos.

Reckon I'll pick up the same camera as blu, even at full price on ebay it's good value.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Good day with good people...i am glad that i have made it. It was really a good craic.

Thank you
    Ed
    Hey man, you were saying that my tdm was burning oil, I never noticed any oil being burnt (in my mirrors) but it defo is using a lot. I know it back fires when I throttle off, is that where you see burning oil?
    Any ideas what it mught be? Rings maybe?

Hey man, you were saying that my tdm was burning oil, I never noticed any oil being burnt (in my mirrors) but it defo is using a lot. I know it back fires when I throttle off, is that where you see burning oil?

Ed was saying right hand side was smoking on the run and shooting flames on throttle off, worn rings would be first guess for sure

Cheers The Chap, I actually thought he said it was the left! I suppose if your going to get the rings done, there might be a few other things you could get done, since you'd have stripped the engine? Take a look at the state of the piston for starters. Valves too, I suppose

Or I could just use a thicker oil :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

you could see clearly blue smoke going out from your left exhaust mate. and everytime you downshifted to overtake it popped flames and the smoke was very intense to be honest... i can tell as i was behind you all the way to portlaoise :eek:

when we left the petrol station it was most noticable... it was like a diesel car... i dont know much but i guess it can be top end.... :( sorry bro... i hope you get her sorted.

just to clear out..

Ed

backfire - can be caused by

1.running to rich (which is bad but not as bad as second option)
    2.running to lean (which can completely destroy the engine)

its basicaly an explosion in your exhaust... that can cause serious damage if not sorted... i dont think its thicker oil or something.. the rings as mentioned.. maybe but i am no mechanic by any means and take my advice as observation... not a tip

your left exhaust was smoking blue when we left, then it was smoking grey smoke from both exhausts... so it may be just one cylinder, but the backfire was going out of both... and it was clearly visible... even on daylight.. it was more like a batmans car :) sound was sweet dont get me wrong.. but you better have somneone to look at that...

^^^
    Cheers Ed, thats very helpful.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Kitric surely you didn't use so much juice on the meet that it necessitates selling your rocket? :( Just seen it there on adverts

Advertisement