Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Card not detected by Windows

• 04-06-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I just finished building my PC. Everything works except for the Sound Card. I installed a Sound Blaster 5.1 VX oem card into the PCI slot on the motherboard. I also connected the on-board HD audio connection to the motherboard.
    I'm running Windows 7 32bit.

The Sound card doesn't even show up in Device manager. I can get ON BOARD sound if I plug into the back panel, but for some reason I don't get any sound when I plug into the front panel.

I've tried installing the drivers from the cd and also tried downloading drivers online but I only get the message "Windows could not detect a supported device". There is only one PCI slot on my motherboard so I can't try another slot either.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

isn't the front panel connected to the motherboard using a hd audio cable? at least in my build i had to connect a cable to use the front audio and mic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Is the PCI slot enabled in the BIOS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Make sure you install 32bit drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

Is the PCI slot enabled in the BIOS?

I looked at the BIOS settings but I didn't see any option for enabling/disabling the PCI slot.
    This is what my BIOS screen looks like YOUTUBE LINK ---> watch?v=0ixUfROxtdA.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

Solved. It turns out the card just wasn't sitting right in the slot. I realized it when I took it out to try it in another PC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement