Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking offence question? Fixed charge offence

• 04-06-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I got back to my car today in Galway City to find two parking tickets. One says offence number 12 and the other is offence number 13. Does anyone know what these are? I have Googled but nothing is coming up really and I've no idea what I've done wrong.
    The car isn't registered to my name yet so I don't even know if they have my name/address to contact me further - will they write to me about this? The insurance disk was up and everything but my name isn't displayed on that. There is not even a name written on the notice. It's a big pink one.

I have no idea what the warden's name is even on the page as his writing is so bad. I won't be in the country now so I won't even be able to sort this out unless I just pay the fine by card. I don't think I did anything wrong so I don't wanna do that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

http://www.galwaycity.ie/parking-fines-information/

12. Failing to display a current tax disc.
    13. Stopping or parking a vehicle on a clearway.

it was really easy to find that information through google, I typed in: fixed notice parking fine galway and it was the first result returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

da_shivsta wrote: »
    The car isn't registered to my name yet so I don't even know if they have my name/address to contact me further - will they write to me about this? The insurance disk was up and everything but my name isn't displayed on that. There is not even a name written on the notice. It's a big pink one.
    jameshayes wrote: »
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/parking-fines-information/

12. Failing to display a current tax disc.
    13. Stopping or parking a vehicle on a clearway.

it was really easy to find that information through google, I typed in: fixed notice parking fine galway and it was the first result returned.

Bad boy. No tax + illegal parking = fine.

You can pay it online at the link provided by the previous poster.
    If you fail to do that the previous owner will be notified, and will pass your details on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

No need to get snotty, myself and my partner both checked and couldn't find anything alright.
    See I don't think I was parked illegally but thanks for the info! I'll see what I can do to contest it.
    I bought the car from a garage and he knows me personally so it's not like I was looking to get out of it that way haha just wondered will they write to me.. Don't really want other people knowing about my illegal parking :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You probably parked where the car has to be removed from area at peak/certain times.

There would be a sign up around where you parked.

Hmm I dunno. I'll check again sometime. I'll see what I can do. Nobody else had tickets so I dunno. Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

da_shivsta wrote: »
    Nobody else had tickets so I dunno.
    Maybe their cars were taxed and were not blocking clearways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Is the car displaying a up to date tax disc?
    If not this is why you where done parking in a public area with no current tax new car or not!

Everything is all fine except not in my name. I was in a parking space, no yellow boxes or anything. The only possibility was that at certain times it's not ok to park there, as someone said before. It was outside a shop so maybe it is loading-only at certain times but I really don't think so.

Does anyone know (reliably) if the traffic warden checks your insurance policy number? I find it weird he didn't write any name on the notice. Is that normal? I never had a ticket before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

The ticket will not be in your name yet! Goes to the registered owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

by the "car not registered in my name yet" I assume you haven't had it long and haven't taxed it as a result. Even if you had taxed it but not displayed the disc , that's an offence. I don't know how many clearways there are in Galway...not many I'd wager.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79827830 .... interesting thread
    Forster street per chance?

• Advertisement

Just to update, they ended up sending the fecking reminder notice to my father. Not sure why because he has nothing to do with the car. The car is now in my name. Dad has notified them he doesn't own the car etc.
    The fine hasn't been paid and I have heard nothing since. No doubt I will hear something and then I will be contesting the parking ticket because I was legally parked! I've checked since. Even the location written on the ticket was wrong and stuff. It wasn't Forster Street!
    The tax disc had been left in the glove compartment. I took out all the old ones when I bought it and stuffed them in there and didn't leave the right one up in the display pocket. d'oh. so I suppose that's still an offence but I can see if they might be lenient and let me off. finger's crossed :)

Advertisement