Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth - Theme of the supernatural

• 04-06-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys just wondering if a question on the supernatural came up what should I discuss?
    So far all I can think of is the witches, the dagger hallucination and the banquet scene. But is that really enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gal555

Hey guys just wondering if a question on the supernatural came up what should I discuss?
    So far all I can think of is the witches, the dagger hallucination and the banquet scene. But is that really enough?

I was just trying to do this aswell....
    similar to what I came up with.
    You could also show how there are supernatural elements found in Lady Macbeth when she calls upon ''evil spirits''.
    Her ''unsex me'' comment could be linked to Banquo questioning the Witches' gender.

Also the pathetic fallacy might support that essay title....with Macbeth as king he changes natures usual process with the owl etc.

I dont know if any of this makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leavingcerta

Yeah that makes perfect sense thanks, I would have never of thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peanut.lover22

For supernatural, you can talk about the witches, the dagger, unnatural occurrences during and after Duncan's murder, Banquo's ghost and the three apparitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

I was thinking of this too and I came up with what ye said, but I was also thinking maybe Lady Macbeth's sleepwalking scene since she mentions how 'the thane of fife had a wife' but Macbeth had told her to be 'innocent of the knowledge' and had stopped telling her about his plans, so how would she know? To be it seems like another reference to the supernatural but of course you could argue that she heard about the murder of Macduff's family from someone else.
    Anyways its just a suggestion you might find useful.

Advertisement