Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level English - questions re: comparative

• 04-06-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So paper 2 is up tomorrow and I am confused with it because I dropped down around 2 months ago... I asked my teacher can I use what ive studied in honours for the comparitive and she said yes.. I studied Sive, HMMTB and Im not scared , although when i look at my revision book for 2014 im not scared is not to be found anywhere?? So whats the story can I write about it and Sive because i'm much more familiar with Im not scared than How Many Miles To Babylon ? Feel like an awful dose asking this the night before ! Any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 shedu

Yes you can write about 'I'm not scared' and 'Sive' . This 2014 syllabus can be downloaded from www dot education dot ie. The texts are the same for the comparative for higher and ordinary but the comparative modes are different. So you'll be doing 1. relationships 2. social setting 3. theme

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juke46

That clears up everything! Thanks !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 shedu

great. best of luck tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GREETINGSWORLD

I only dropped down to ordinary level today, I do I'm not scared, how many miles to Babylon and sive, I dunno what to write for the comparative? If theme comes up can I talk about marginalisation? is abuse of power a relationship or theme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I only dropped down to ordinary level today, I do I'm not scared, how many miles to Babylon and sive, I dunno what to write for the comparative? If theme comes up can I talk about marginalisation? is abuse of power a relationship or theme?

YES YOU CAN AND abuse of power is a theme. GOOD LUCK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

what is everyone doing for the comparative social setting or relationships

• Registered Users Posts: 10 embeeie

Hey guys, can you tell me what came up on the OL English paper 2? I am abroad and want to know if it was in my student's favour.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GREETINGSWORLD

embeeie wrote: »
    Hey guys, can you tell me what came up on the OL English paper 2? I am abroad and want to know if it was in my student's favour.
    Thanks

relationship and theme came up for the comparative. Seamus heany and Plath came up for the poetry. handy paper. Macbeth questions were handy. a question on lady Macbeth came up you had to write it she was ambitious,evil, or loving. And a few other Q's

• Registered Users Posts: 10 embeeie

Thanks for that. Was that HL though? What poetry came up on the OL paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Easiest way, embeeje:

OL P1

OL P2

• Advertisement
Advertisement