Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Injury Have I Done

• 04-06-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi

I know no one can give medical advise but im just curious as to what injury i may have done and if anyone has done the same.
    The story is , a year ago i was a few months into starting strenght type routine.

I stupidly over did a deadlift session (not by much mind) as i knew i was away for the weekend and would miss training.
    Didnt feel anything at the time , but the next day i was in serious discomfort , if you reach over your right shoulder with your left hand and the area there back of the traps.

I was leaning back into chairs as if trying to push something back into place with no relief. couldnt sit up straight.
    Other symptoms were twitching of my pec muscle and like a piano wire being too tight, can feel it in my trap muscle when i tilt my head to the side.

I was in a lot of discomfort for a number of months it just wouldnt heal.
    Eventually it subsided.

I had not trained since until recently , i decided i must get back into it.

My first days training went fine, it included bench press, squat, bent over rows(thought these might bother me they didnt)
    Rested a day all ok , second day was over head press and deadlift and some other minor ones

I had started both days on weights that were extremely light as i intended to be cautious and build up very slowly.
    Low and behold the next day my problems were back , not as bad (but i was only using a tidler weight )

So im 95% sure it is the deadlift which is the culprit, and i have a feeling that i am not keeping my shoulders back when doing them.

But anyone any ideas what i may have done to myself? it is so frustrating

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Go to a physio, nobody can help you over the internet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement