Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE GIVE ADIVCE WORRIED

Options
  • 04-06-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

just looked over my english exam paper 1 and saw that on this question i basically answered it wrong i did not mention or describe my experience instead i wrote about why young people should engage with senior citizens have i lost the whole 30 marks? i didn't have much time to read over my paper at the end and i was nervous all through the exam i have only realized my mistake now what do you think the examiner will make of my answer? im worried.. :(

"Your class has taken part in a project aimed at encouraging young people to engage with senior
    citizens in your community. Write an article for your school website in which you describe your
    experience of participating in the project."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

I doubt that they will take a lot of marks off. For example in my history mock I wrote about the steps that led to ww2 instead of hitlers rise to power and I still got half marks

missdons wrote: »
    just looked over my english exam paper 1 and saw that on this question i basically answered it wrong i did not mention or describe my experience instead i wrote about why young people should engage with senior citizens have i lost the whole 30 marks? i didn't have much time to read over my paper at the end and i was nervous all through the exam i have only realized my mistake now what do you think the examiner will make of my answer? im worried.. :(

"Your class has taken part in a project aimed at encouraging young people to engage with senior
    citizens in your community. Write an article for your school website in which you describe your

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

It's an easy mistake to make, you'll lose a couple of marks but not too many. If it's well-written you should still get a good mark. Try not to worry about it too much, there's nothing you can do about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

I doubt that they will take a lot of marks off. For example in my history mock I wrote about the steps that led to ww2 instead of hitlers rise to power and I still got half marks

missdons wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 13 auzzue

Pray that your examiner is nice! If not you lose 10 marks for subject, right? (correct me if I'm wrong) but if you wrote it well and on-topic there's nothing to fret about. Nothing you can do about it now anyway so stop worrying! Focus on the road ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

FECK! I'VE DONE THAT TOO! Oh god :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Put it down to experience! You won't have lost all the marks, or anything close to it. Congrats on having one day down, you're that much closer to holidays now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 diggeh

Whats done is done I guess, nothing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

You won't lose many marks.
    You've still shown that you've got at least some understanding of the question. I doubt any examiner would be harsh enough to give you less than 15 marks for the entire thing. Don't worry, it can't be changed, learn from it :) Try not to rush in to the paper! Take your time and read over the paper when you're done! Saved me missing out on a 15 marker studied poetry question that I knew the answer to very well :D

Advertisement