Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northgate recruitment postponed till 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

This is indeed off topic but as I said, if people keep challenging I feel obligated to defend my position.

We infer the sky to be blue through vision, the action of lightwaves upon the cells of our eyes. There is no speculation involved and even if there were, you cannot, as yet, post a link to your eye.

If however you were to state that the sky will be turning green next Saturday, I would like to see a link to judge for myself how accurate your statement is.

If anyone wishes, I am ready to carry on this topic in another thread or forum.

Photo or I don't believe you. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Is a link to NASA good enough.

http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/blue-sky/en/

See, NOW I believe you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Some good news for Mayo with Hollister announcing a $80m investment inBallina.

Link here to support in case of doubt! ;)

Plus Inda announced it in Government buildings. Somewhat ironic that the European Commission announced an investigation into Irish tax practises with Apple on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Congrats to all in securing the Hollister investment.

Great boost for the region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

nuac wrote: »
    Congrats to all in securing the Hollister investment.

Great boost for the region

My only worry about the Hollister announcement is it’s very vague on information. Would feel more comfortable if they announced when this is happening and over what length of a period, how many jobs will it create and when do the first become available, does the 80 million euro include any of the refurbishment or extensions over the last few years. I always feel people are hiding something important when they are so vague or light on the details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dudda wrote: »
    My only worry about the Hollister announcement is it’s very vague on information. Would feel more comfortable if they announced when this is happening and over what length of a period, how many jobs will it create and when do the first become available, does the 80 million euro include any of the refurbishment or extensions over the last few years. I always feel people are hiding something important when they are so vague or light on the details.

Bit like the Northgate announcement then?

Talk to lads in Galway there during the week, Inda over in US announcing 100 new jobs in HP, though he forgot the say they had shed 70 since Xmas and another 30 of them on notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Bit like the Northgate announcement then?

Talk to lads in Galway there during the week, Inda over in US announcing 100 new jobs in HP, though he forgot the say they had shed 70 since Xmas and another 30 of them on notice.

the same 100 as contract jobs so:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    the same 100 as contract jobs so:rolleyes:

Different department, laughable really all this big announcement and this happens.
    Same with Zenimax, announced this in March,
    http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/gaming-company-zenimax-creates-250-jobs-in-galway-30103685.html
    then people in there this week been told there will be layoff, up to 80, during Q4

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

Has anybody heard anymore about Northgate?

I received a call this morning asking if I was still interested in working for NorthGate Public Services, what positions i would be interested in, how much notice I would need to give my current employer, salary expectations, etc

dawn8585 wrote: »

I received a call this morning asking if I was still interested in working for NorthGate Public Services, what positions i would be interested in, how much notice I would need to give my current employer, salary expectations, etc

wow really, i have not heard a tap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I believe they are setting up in the old ARRO building on the Breaffy road. anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Hi, I also have my CV with them but havent heard anything yet. Can I ask, what do you do? I am in IT btw. Thanks

Hi, I also have my CV with them but havent heard anything yet. Can I ask, what do you do? I am in IT btw. Thanks

i'm in retail at the moment but studied IT so would be hoping for something IT based

how did you submit your cv?

There is an email address on this webpage here. I emailed that and got a reply from someone in HR to say they were "finalising plans" and would be in touch as soon as anything comes up. I havent heard anything since and a follow-on email I sent a month later in June didnt get a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭FaganJr

HI,
    Can I ask who called you? Northgate or a Recruitment agency?

Thanks

I sent my to CV to the email address that is on the website. I only applied on 2nd of July. I think the jobs have been announced a long time?

It was a woman from NorthGate that called me.

I sent my to CV to the email address that is on the website. I only applied on 2nd of July. I think the jobs have been announced a long time?

It was a woman from NorthGate that called me.

I emailed them didn't include my cv though. I think another email this weekend is in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What address have people been sending their CV's into, know a few people who would be interested.

anyone hear anything?

anyone hear anything?

Not yet, emailed HR a few weeks back with my CV and all they said that they will be in touch if any positions become available. If I get an update I will post something here (and if anyone else does that would be great :) )

has anyone heard anything from them since?

Nothing from them here and I have also been checking their website. I wlil update here as soon as I hear anything from my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ginja

I received a phone call last week regarding a Clerical position. Interviews apparently starting the end of November. Salary €19,000. I asked would this increase and the response was that there would be a possibility of promotion.

Ginja wrote: »
    I received a phone call last week regarding a Clerical position. Interviews apparently starting the end of November. Salary €19,000. I asked would this increase and the response was that there would be a possibility of promotion.

Thats the key with Northgate, they don't and wont pay. Same as in NI with their developers. But a job is a job and if you are willing to work hard maybe promotion might come along and bigger money, though it does seem low-ball for clerical work?
    Good luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ginja

yop wrote: »
    Thats the key with Northgate, they don't and wont pay. Same as in NI with their developers. But a job is a job and if you are willing to work hard maybe promotion might come along and bigger money, though it does seem low-ball for clerical work?
    Good luck with the interview.

The work sounds ok just data entry by the sounds of it. Yes salary very low. I'm actually employed but looking for change of location but not at that money!

They are breaking there heart. €9.37 an hour the minimum wage is €8.65.A massive 72 cents above the minimum wage.

• Advertisement

Ginja wrote: »

i got the same call. was wondering if anyone else did. money is very low, i'm getting same money now for less hours but they'r all over d place! mon to fri would b nice!! hard to know what to do.

i presume its not negotiable either with the amount of interest for the job

Advertisement