Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northgate recruitment postponed till 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ginja

dawn8585 wrote: »
    i got the same call. was wondering if anyone else did. money is very low, i'm getting same money now for less hours but they'r all over d place! mon to fri would b nice!! hard to know what to do.

i presume its not negotiable either with the amount of interest for the job

They said to me that it would most likely be Mon-Fri either 8-4 or 9-5. 37.5 hours. It's just the money that's a killer! Think I will do interview anyway if just for the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 teanosugar

Just wondering did people get actual interview dates yet? Or was the call just checking you were still interested in a position and they will call again to arrange interview?

Sent in my CV and have heard nothing, just curious to know if I might still hear something from them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Just got the headlines there on midwest that Northgate are to be investigated by the HSE on how they got the tender! Gets more farcical by the week with this.
    Ill put up a link when MidWest have their website updated with the headlines.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

yop wrote: »
    Just got the headlines there on midwest that Northgate are to be investigated by the HSE on how they got the tender! Gets more farcical by the week with this.
    Ill put up a link when MidWest have their website updated with the headlines.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/hse-sets-up-internal-audit-into-awarding-of-hospital-contract-1.2004676

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

An update by the council to say.. eh.. there is no update

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

An update by the council to say.. eh.. there is no update

Always on going ;) Maybe next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone been into the office yet to ask them whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

irishgeo wrote: »

Do they even have an office open, the premises was supposed to be up and running by now.

Xenji wrote: »
    Do they even have an office open, the premises was supposed to be up and running by now.

According to Joanne Grehan in the link "they are in the process of finalising the building in Castlebar and that process is moving as quickly as it can", so I guess that is a no :confused::confused: I wont be holding me breath anyways

I heard they have up beside the motor tax office. Well a plaque on the wall anyway.

• Advertisement

The plot thickens here.
    http://www.northgate-is.com/press-release-nps.html

Northgate have sold the public services division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

They have taken over the old Eircom building in Golden mile

They have taken over the old Eircom building in Golden mile

Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Where is that?

Behind Kilcoyne and Scahill motors on the Breaffy road. opposite the old Volex plant

Behind Kilcoyne and Scahill motors on the Breaffy road. opposite the old Volex plant

I'd read that, is it definite? Anyone know anyone is will or is working for them here?

I emailed Northgate earlier this week regarding the "IT jobs" that were promised in 2013. Fair play I got a reply almost instantly in which she said:
    "Initially we will be employing a small team of Clerical Assistants for our Document Services Operation which we plan on doing as soon as the premises is ready in the coming months."

I also see on their website a Team Leader position in Document Services that fits with what was mentioned above.

So, it doesnt look like there will be any IT jobs anytime soon (if ever) to come of this. What a crock of sh1te announcing 140 IT jobs and them ending up not happening...

I emailed Northgate earlier this week regarding the "IT jobs" that were promised in 2013. Fair play I got a reply almost instantly in which she said:
    "Initially we will be employing a small team of Clerical Assistants for our Document Services Operation which we plan on doing as soon as the premises is ready in the coming months."

I also see on their website a Team Leader position in Document Services that fits with what was mentioned above.

So, it doesnt look like there will be any IT jobs anytime soon (if ever) to come of this. What a crock of sh1te announcing 140 IT jobs and them ending up not happening...

someone should email frank durcan to see what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I suspect this kind of thing happens a lot more than people think.

Supposedly a whole raft of interviews took place last week.

Great, hope they keep that rolling and create the 150? jobs that were to be created.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

What areas were they interviewing for would you know?

statto25 wrote: »
    What areas were they interviewing for would you know?

Team Leaders and clerical.

yop wrote: »
    Team Leaders and clerical.

The minimum wage jobs so

The minimum wage jobs so

I hear its low for the Clerical, I've no idea what they are like for paying TLs.

delayed again. planning issues over a mast.

first 10 starting the end of may.

only 18 months since the original announcement,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

delayed again. planning issues over a mast.

first 10 starting the end of may.

only 18 months since the original announcement,

What the hell do they need a mast for?

What the hell do they need a mast for?

6.5m

also i see they are only leasing the building and eircom still own it.

It is looking more and more likely they will only have a token number of staff employed by the end of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I really don't see the need for a mast. Are they planning to use cb radio?

OK, just read there that's it's an "IT" mast, what ever that means.

I think they mean telecommunications mast but whatever.

I can't see why they need this? Castlebar will have ftth/fttb by the end of the year, no need f or any wireless links at all.

Seems to me the person in charge of the IT aspect does not know the local environment well enough to be in charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

Well as I predicted .. its 'Dead In The Water' .. as if it ever started ?

Northgate have announced that they will be closing their 'Castlebar Facility' (Sic) from the 2nd of December next with the loss of '6' jobs ..yes .. you read right .. 6 !!!!

Another pre election stunt announcement by Enda .... would expect a similar fate for the 'Opensparkz' announcement

Advertisement