Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spink / Macs Valley Shooting Grounds Laois

Options
  • 04-06-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Anyone one shoot here,Whats the prices like and opening days looking to go clay shooting with a friend if thats possible.
    Do they have a rifle range?(.22lr)
    Looking for Directions to Spink/Macs Valley Shooting Grounds,
    Just says follow the Ballinakill Road R430 and dosent give any directions after that anyone give me better directions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

1shot16 wrote: »
    Anyone one shoot here,Whats the prices like and opening days looking to go clay shooting with a friend if thats possible.
    Do they have a rifle range?(.22lr)
    Looking for Directions to Spink/Macs Valley Shooting Grounds,
    Just says follow the Ballinakill Road R430 and dosent give any directions after that anyone give me better directions? :)
    I think it is 7.50 per box of cartridges you fire it's shotgun only no rifle and the layout changes every week.
    Open Friday evenings and Sunday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Not long back opened was closed after land owner and range owner fell out.
    As stated, no rifles, before cartridges, 100 clays works out at near 25E
    Fridays and Saturdays are shooting days

Do you need your own shotgun though?Or will they give you one?
    And am i right to the location on google maps image above?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

BYOG.

Bring Your Own Gun.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Do you need your own shotgun though?Or will they give you one?
    And am i right to the location on google maps image above?

Not sure as can't view maps on my fone.what direction are you coming from?

From Ballyroan.Turn right at scullys pub. Head out that road through 3 crossroads at the 3rd one turn right.go over 2 humpback bridges and it's on the right hand side it's into a farm.

Directions given to me by ruger 1894c

Just wondering was where i have come to in the attachment right?

Cant go if its bring your own gun.

From Ballyroan.Turn right at scullys pub. Head out that road through 3 crossroads at the 3rd one turn right.go over 2 humpback bridges and it's on the right hand side it's into a farm.

Directions given to me by ruger 1894c

Just wondering was where i have come to in the attachment right?

Cant go if its bring your own gun.

Not great roads tbh especially this time of year (tractors/contractors/silage etc)
    But if you come thru abbeyleix your adding a fare distance to your journey
    But direction wise your fairly bang on.if your close to the range and are mad for a few shots, I'll head up with you and you can use my o/u
    The range insurance will cover you

Was wantin to go with one of the lads just to do some shooting really i wouldnt think my parents would let me go shooting with the rifle and a friend and it wouldnt be a good idea anyway with someone unlicenced if somethin was to go wrong.

Was hopin it was like some of the other clay shootin places where they give uh shotgun cartridges etc.

I know someone who definatly dosent have a gun that goes there every sunday morning but someone must give them a lend.

May save up for my own shotgun for next year i suppose.

Advertisement