Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Irish Papers - Thu. June 5th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 04-06-2014 9:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Irish (FL, OL and HL)
    Thursday June 5th 2014

All discussion and questions about Irish papers goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

I did a fire and the essay was meant to be something funny

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

I did the interesting dream one...well I hope it was that...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

I did three different scéals because I was unsure of what 'scoilse' meant

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

No scéal came up that I could use my fire/robbery/car crash vocab for :( had to the the aiste about an awful holiday I went on.. I've never written one before it was so awful :L

gavindowd wrote: »
    I did three different scéals because I was unsure of what 'scoilse' meant

Yeah what does I mo scoilse mean anyone?:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Gerrymandering

It went way better than the Mocks. Listening was good

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Wrote my eachtra on a car accident because what else could I do :( I said I was on the way to a comedy show in school and afterwards in hospital my room was full of friends and teachers and we were laughing! Totally crashed under pressure of having to think of something, bye bye A :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

for some reason i though greannmhar was something funny and i wrote about my friend that ran over in the school yard...... thats awkward, hopefully i won't lose too many marks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Beca19 wrote: »
    No scéal came up that I could use my fire/robbery/car crash vocab for :( had to the the aiste about an awful holiday I went on.. I've never written one before it was so awful :L

Same but I ended up writing about a fire on my holiday and said I'd had to spend my whole holiday in the hospital. Does anybody know how many marks I'm going to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Anyone have Is Cuimhin Lion an Sneachta by Sean Mac Fheorais? I need it for paper 2

• Advertisement

You should've been prepared, Just make sure you do well in Paper 2 and you'll be grand.

Well obviously that's not very helpful :L our teacher only prepared those stories with us and told us we could always squeeze it into something.. But turns out we can not

Xgracie wrote: »
    Wrote my eachtra on a car accident because what else could I do :( I said I was on the way to a comedy show in school and afterwards in hospital my room was full of friends and teachers and we were laughing! Totally crashed under pressure of having to think of something, bye bye A :(
    I did my fire one had no other choice luckily there is only 8 marks going for abhar ( the topic/subject) most marks(40) are going for your gaeilge

in my school

pizzamad wrote: »
    in my school

Really? Thought that would be just i mo scoil or scoile is that a T.G. rule or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gerrymandering

I can't believe I lost 2 marks for a really stupid mistake. I forgot that triogh doesn't change :(

I did my getting run over by a car in the aiste about an interesting dream! Just added some stuff like getting run over by a car and then my mamó gave me an instealladh up mo thóin hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kmmsf

I wrote that I was walking home and I bought some sweets, then the shop got robbed

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Anyways I managed to wangle one when you were playing music in your school into it. I also did a match for the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Brilliant paper !!!! Listening, comprehension and grammar part were amazing, I wrote about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West coming to my school, he got hit in the face with a football, and she fell off the plane... Hope the examiner likes it and sees the funny side!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Did anyone else think that the last question on the first comprehension (the conprehension about the hobbit) was a bit vague? It was the question about why the manager of the shop was happy with the night.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else think that the last question on the first comprehension (the conprehension about the hobbit) was a bit vague? It was the question about why the manager of the shop was happy with the night.
    It was, but all you had to do was go to the end of the second paragraph and quote what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I did the greanmhar one, I wrote about playing a funny joke on my teacher on April Fool's Day which led to me getting suspended and sent home, and on the way home a car crashed into my bike and I went to the ospidéal. At least it was fairly long...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Listening was okay, comprehensions were okayyy, Trialacha teanga was a bit of a fail for me but my story was decent! Said the principal got hit by a ball and went unconscious and we all laughed at him :P

jesus that eactra was a disaster

jesus that eactra was a disaster

Hahaha I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

ECM1234 wrote: »
    It was, but all you had to do was go to the end of the second paragraph and quote what he said.
    Yeah I did that...I eventually copped what I was meant to do about five minutes before the end! My essay was about how my class played a trick on the teacher by turning the tables the wrong way around and not talking to him...not very funny but watevs :L

Yeah I did that...I eventually copped what I was meant to do about five minutes before the end! My essay was about how my class played a trick on the teacher by turning the tables the wrong way around and not talking to him...not very funny but watevs :L
    Sure look, we still have paper 2

Hahaha I agree

I did a fire the only thing that is making me feel better is that the topic is only worth 8 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Anyone have the actual titles of the scéalta that came up in JCHL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Lads I did the holiday one and wrote about my car breaking down :)

What did ye do for this one?

Advertisement