Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Irish Papers - Thu. June 5th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Chloee98 wrote: »
    I did the letter on the famous person and did a point on something I learned about him instead of something that I liked about him for the last paragraph :( will I lose many marks?
    I wouldn't say so...it's just one point. If you put down something you liked about the person earlier in the letter you might get a few marks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

I wouldn't say so...it's just one point. If you put down something you liked about the person earlier in the letter you might get a few marks for that...

it was praiseing them the thing you learned about them could be praise

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

i done the one about the bainsteoir calling me? then he said there was a football match and i got hit by a car on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

koolis02 wrote: »
    i done the one about the bainsteoir calling me? then he said there was a football match and i got hit by a car on the way.

I did the exact same! But is that wrong because it was the manager called me from the sideline :/ ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I did the exact same! But is that wrong because it was the manager called me from the sideline :/ ?

He could have called you by shouting, or called you on the phone I suppose. What was the Irish verb they used?

• Advertisement

Technically glaoigh could mean to call from your phone or call as in shout so I'd say you will be grand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Since mol means to praise or advise do you think it was accurate to advise Miley Cyrus to wear more clothes?hahahahah oh I'm so bad at irish

Beca19 wrote: »
    Since mol means to praise or advise do you think it was accurate to advise Miley Cyrus to wear more clothes?hahahahah oh I'm so bad at irish
    Hahaha...I would say so- I couldn't figure out which one it was so I advised and praised the famous person...:rolleyes:

Actually, it is VERY accurate to advise Miley Cyrus to wear more clothes...:L

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Hahaha...I would say so- I couldn't figure out which one it was so I advised and praised the famous person...:rolleyes:

Actually, it is VERY accurate to advise Miley Cyrus to wear more clothes...:L
    Hahah okay great thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

For my eachtra the minister was visiting the school so my friends and I had to tidy up. We found a box of clothes and we all dressed up and did a drama like then. The gatda the robber.Then the principal camr with the minister amd caught us and I was suspended..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

How many marks will I lose for writing my pros on dilseacht thinking it was dilis? Annoyed at myself for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

yomtea98 wrote: »
    How many marks will I lose for writing my pros on dilseacht thinking it was dilis? Annoyed at myself for that

The subject is 5 marks so you might lose that much. :)
    Don't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

spurious wrote: »
    He could have called you by shouting, or called you on the phone I suppose. What was the Irish verb they used?

The verb was glaoigh but the word sideline was also in the sentence :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

The verb was glaoigh but the word sideline was also in the sentence :/

he could have been on the sideline while he called you?
    I would assume the examiners would overlook it anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Liordi wrote: »

Cheers. I know it's not so bad but the other themes weren't that bad either so I could have written on them. Ah well .

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Guys what is Thoig?:) Necer hear it in my life:) Aimsir Laitherach!!!!!I studied sooo much M.C:/ Errr what was that story about?Seriously I couldnt understand anything soo I had not time for my Filiocht:( I did a terrible letter about the computer games. Did anyone do the dispoireacht? I did the one about the education system..tried to quote Padraig Pearse and failed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

That destroyed me :( everything was going great with the unseen and studied story, but the poetry was rotten and then i forgot my poem! Just wrote two paragraphs and left it at that :( Letter was grand but i think i may have gotten one point wrong :( Glad its over though!

Liordi wrote: »

sorry to disapoint you but i auctually wrote on did the same in the pres but the other way around and got 0

I said the person was in love and then for what kind of person I said duine i ngra haha same answer

I said the person was in love and then for what kind of person I said duine i ngra haha same answer
    What was going on in those poems?!All I think I understood was a creepy person in love?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Fifii wrote: »
    What was going on in those poems?!All I think I understood was a creepy person in love?

i said he was Lazy and in love? cause i saw the Lig so i was presuming he was relaxing? I'm dreadful at Irish so whateverrr hahaha

i said he was Lazy and in love? cause i saw the Lig so i was presuming he was relaxing? I'm dreadful at Irish so whateverrr hahaha
    Hahaha I thought she said (or he honestly no idea) he was never picked, and said she prefer to sit and watch, and the spends nights dancing with his name on the back of a mirror waiting for a Valentines card to arrive?!

that was basicly it I think she was waiting for her love and she wanted a valentines card lol

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

that was basicly it I think she was waiting for her love and she wanted a valentines card lol

In the second poem there was a horse in the garden of a semi-detached house but that's all I managed to get

Uggghh I hate understanding it after the exam;)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I was sure of alt 4 for the second one and guessed alt 1 for the first one

I said Alt 4 for the first and Alt 2 for the second.

Uggghh I hate understanding it after the exam;)

lol

emersyn wrote: »
    In the second poem there was a horse in the garden of a semi-detached house but that's all I managed to get

ya haha I think it was lonley as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cryoverpapers

I mixed up "loyalty" and "revenge" with my short story question.. will I lose all 15 marks??

• Advertisement

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    I said Alt 4 for the first and Alt 2 for the second.
    Me too:(

Advertisement