Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Irish Papers - Thu. June 5th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

What else did people get for the alts.i got alt 3 and 4 in order

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Fifii wrote: »
    Me too:(
    So did I...are they the wrong paragraphs? Because I was so sure of them! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

I got alt 4 then 2....paper two was so nice!! That poor lonely girl waiting for a valentine hahahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I said Alt 2 and then Alt 4 but it was based more on guessing than knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Did anyone else get the gist of somebody hanging up a mirror in the garden so the horse wouldn't be lonely any more? Honestly between English and Irish there has been some pretty bizarre poetry.

Happy enough with both papers. Personally thought it was much easier than the dreadful mock we got...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

So did I...are they the wrong paragraphs? Because I was so sure of them! :(
    Actually I think I got Alt 3 and then Alt 2.....goodbye A;)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

the second one was definitely alt 4

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Ah you never know...what did people think of the unseen prose? It was kind of unusual because of the whole first-person thing but once you got used to that I thought it was fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cryoverpapers

Lads im acc nearly crying I thought paper 2 was hideous..

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Paper 2 has made me feel better! Óg and trua!! :D and I answered the unseen prós questions pretty well I think! Unseen poetry was another story :( but I got 2/15 in that in my mock and still got the B so I should be good, definitely scraped a few marks anyway! What was the story actually about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

the second one was definitely alt 4

I said alt 4 and 1 . Don't know which way round though

Those alt questions are worth 4 marks each, based on my mocks marking scheme.

Xgracie wrote: »
    Paper 2 has made me feel better! Óg and trua!! :D and I answered the unseen prós questions pretty well I think! Unseen poetry was another story :( but I got 2/15 in that in my mock and still got the B so I should be good, definitely scraped a few marks anyway! What was the story actually about?
    Was it about a fairies and trolls who take on the appearance of humans? The narrator was a fairy, her mother killed by a troll. She goes to her brothers friends house and they play games? He asks her sonething and she replies( no idea) He asks her to play a computer game and they go to his room where she feels chills and his eyes go dark and and...have no idea whatsoever. The grandad and brother were in on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Can i just say, how feckin lucky are we to be able to do an Oral exam worth 40%? Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

Does anyone know if I will lose many marks for the sceal? I used the one starting with the manager calling me, and then quickly changed it to an unrelated timpiste I had prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

coolerboy wrote: »
    What else did people get for the alts.i got alt 3 and 4 in order

Same here..

ECM1234 wrote: »
    Same here..

Not many people got alt 3 for the first one...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

pizzamad wrote: »
    I got alt 4 then 2....paper two was so nice!! That poor lonely girl waiting for a valentine hahahahha

So thats what is was about! To be honest, i had no idea what was going on in the poem or the story extract :(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Was it about a fairies and trolls who take on the appearance of humans? The narrator was a fairy, her mother killed by a troll. She goes to her brothers friends house and they play games? He asks her sonething and she replies( no idea) He asks her to play a computer game and they go to his room where she feels chills and his eyes go dark and and...have no idea whatsoever. The grandad and brother were in on it?

Sounds veryyy convuluted
    I just used any mention gáire to show she was happy and then a funny person and then I just said he was sporty and friendly but I had NO idea what was actually going on hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Alt 4 and Alt 2? in that order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Me too:(

Same :)

coolerboy wrote: »
    Not many people got alt 3 for the first one...

I think it was alt 3 for the first to be honest.

Sounds veryyy convuluted
    I just used any mention gáire to show she was happy and then a funny person and then I just said he was sporty and friendly but I had NO idea what was actually going on hahaha
    Yep I used Sporty and Clever/Sly for her and didnt do the boy at all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

what were people's answers for the second section of grammer

ECM1234 wrote: »
    I think it was alt 3 for the first to be honest.
    I agree, the second one is not so clear;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

what were people's answers for the second section of grammer

Yeah ^ what was the one with the noun in the tuiseal ginideach?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Could anyone go on the ordinary paper and say a few answers to the comprehensions want to know if I got them right or not haha.

Kelly090 wrote: »
    Yeah ^ what was the one with the noun in the tuiseal ginideach?

I got dearthair for that ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

yaEHya wrote: »
    Could anyone go on the ordinary paper and say a few answers to the comprehensions want to know if I got them right or not haha.

Which questions do you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

same really liked the paper feel terrible about the bad essay title because I'd probably have gotten the A

Advertisement