Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Irish Papers - Thu. June 5th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

On paper two I thought Cailuil meant helpful FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Kelly090 wrote: »
    Yeah ^ what was the one with the noun in the tuiseal ginideach?

leadoige

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

ECM1234 wrote: »
    I got dearthair for that ?

did we have to take the word out of the tuiceal guineadach or...? I couldn't even understand the instructions

I got dearthair for that ?

dhreathair isint really a noun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

emersyn wrote: »
    did we have to take the word out of the tuiceal guineadach or...? I couldn't even understand the instructions

Yeah, the question just told us to pick out one noun in the sentence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

leadoige

thats what i said. anyone positive on the right answer???

emersyn wrote: »

I think just show word was in tg it was leadoige

dhreathair isint really a noun

Person, place or thing

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

leadoige

Is that a noun tho? This question really confused me ha

thats what i said. anyone positive on the right answer???

tbh im 99% sure it changes from leadog to leadoige

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Surely dearthair and leadóg would both be acceptable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OL first comprehension qs and answers (as Béarla).
    1. Name one film Cillian Murphy was in
    2. What did his English teacher encourage him to do? Be an actor.
    3. What is his favourite musical instrument? The guitar
    4. How many years did he spend at University? One year
    5. When did he and his wife meet? They met when he was playing music.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

spurious wrote: »
    Which questions do you want?

Eh the match the boxes and the last comprehension if you could thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Kelly090 wrote: »
    Is that a noun tho? This question really confused me ha

Yes, the question asked for a noun in the possessive. Dhearthair is the right answer, because the question read as 'the brother of' and it had an 'i' in it before the r.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Soo happy with that-Paper 1 was lovely did the diospoireacht about education and the litir about famous people in paper 2.Though the studied poetry and pros was good( the unseen poetry was a bit...weird)Overall thought it went grand.Felt really sorry for all the people who had learnt essays about timpistes though-but sure what's done is done at this stage.Worrying wont change anything :)

OL first comprehension qs and answers (as Béarla).
    1. Name one film Cillian Murphy was in
    2. What did his English teacher encourage him to do? Be an actor.
    3. What is his favourite musical instrument? The guitar
    4. How many years did he spend at University? One year
    5. When did he and his wife meet? They met when he was playing music.

I think I got them but if you write too much in the answer do you not get the marks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Second OL comprehension again in English
    1. What were the Taliban trying to do in Pakistan? They were trying to close the girls' schools.
    2. What was Malala doing when the Taliban tried to kill her? She was on the bus on her way home from school
    3. What sort of pets do the Malala family have? Two chickens
    4. What is Malala's father very interested in? In education.
    5. When was she given the award in Dublin? Last year

yaEHya wrote: »
    I think I got them but if you write too much in the answer do you not get the marks?
    You mean just copying out the whole thing and hoping you hit the answer? You will lose marks for that, yes, but if you answer the question you won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Yes, the question asked for a noun in the possessive. Dhearthair is the right answer, because the question read as 'the brother of' and it had an 'i' in it before the r.

I thought leadoige was the right one-one of the rules hammered in to us was "dhá ainmfhocal ag teacht le chéile an dara Cheann sa tuiseal ginideach" it's only two marks anyway :)

OL Match the boxes:
    1 - D
    2 - H
    3 - G
    4 - I
    5 - A
    6 - C
    7 - F
    8 - J
    9 - E
    10 - B

• Advertisement

You mean just copying out the whole thing and hoping you hit the answer? You will lose marks for that, yes, but if you answer the question you won't.

Like writing for say when she got the prize you said what the prize was aswell ?

i had an eachtra on a car accident and i managed to tie it in to the title. Said the guy faked the accident and was just messing around. used some good vocab and theres not much marks towards the story. More marks for your irish

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Grace123321

I taught it was a miss spell and so did most of my year i think it was just supposed to be scoil seo and i wrote about zac efron coming to our school and a fridge falling on his head he died and i laughed 😂

yaEHya wrote: »
    Like writing for say when she got the prize you said what the prize was aswell ?

That would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

same really liked the paper feel terrible about the bad essay title because I'd probably have gotten the A

Same here! Just gotta put it behind us!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

I was able to do a story but it was really weird have a funny story as my teacher gave us phrases for an incident such as Bhi mo chroi i mo beal and stuff like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

What did you guys get for the 3rd or 4th grammar question, the one that ended in : is _____ é ?

Beca19 wrote: »
    What did you guys get for the 3rd or 4th grammar question, the one that ended in : is _____ é ?

I didn't have a clue for that so I guessed "Duine" :L

I didn't have a clue for that so I guessed "Duine" :L

Thats what i said!!! HIGH-FIVE
    Hopefully thats right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

Paper 1 was beautiful! Was a bit thrown by the essay titles at first but I wrote an essay like a month ago about an event that happened at the Gaeltacht and said there was a donkey beside our house and it wouldn't shut up so we snuck out in the middle of the night and cut the rope. So I said I was in a boarding schools and then wrote that :') unseen prose and poetry were okay- could have been better, could have been worse. And I was confused in the letter with "moladh"- didn't know whether it meant praise or advice from the context, but they'll have to allow for both, surely?

Advertisement