Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Irish Papers - Thu. June 5th 2014 - all levels***

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

hf98kk wrote: »
    If I got about 83-84%, do you think there is any chance they'd bump me up to an A or are they really strict about that?

Ive been told by teachers that they would and no-ones ever told me they wouldn't so Id say yes

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

If I got about 83-84%, do you think there is any chance they'd bump me up to an A or are they really strict about that?

No they dont.They do it on marks not percentages for example to get an A you have to get 213/250 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

absolutely praying for an A. predicting my marks would leave me just under an A. I will be thinking about it all summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

i dont think they would. i got about 5-6 84% in the mocks. My teachers showed no mercy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I'm coming in at (roughly) 75% if I guess my marks..hoping I get a B, but still wouldn't be disappointed with a C because that's what I thought I'd get initially. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It depends. If for some reason there was a much lower than usual number of A grades, then examiners might be instructed to look back and see can they find a couple more marks if you are on the equivalent of 84%.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Anyone think the SEC might be generous with the maths paper tomorrow and not be horrible like the mock paper? ;)

Anyone think the SEC might be generous with the maths paper tomorrow and not be horrible like the mock paper? ;)

Hopefully!! we are the first year to carry out a full PM Exam, so they should go easy on us

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Hopefully!! we are the first year to carry out a full PM Exam, so they should go easy on us

please show mercy SEC

please show mercy SEC

Amen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Listening 22
    Reading 18+16
    Aiste 24
    Grammar 8+6

Poem 5+13
    Story 8+11
    Litir 19

Total is 150/240
    Grade is 62.5% C
    Would be quite happy with this...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

Praying to God it's not reminiscent of the horrendous mock paper! :/ I swear I will have a panic attack if it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

How can you even remember even to guess your marks? Dunno what I got right, how someone would mark etc. leave it behind ye till September lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

What is the total marks including the oral ?

Going by my predictions I've gotten about 80 % in Paper 1 and about 53% in Paper 2

So that's 173/240 marks which is 72%

My predictions may be a bit optimistic (For paper 2 at least) :P

I'd say I got around 35% out of the 40% for the oral so hopefully I can scrape a B. That would be amazing for me :pac:

form a prayer circle lads hahaha, ahh hopefully it'll be grand! At least it isn't the awful Paper 2 first! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

160 marks for the oral, so total out of 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

spurious wrote: »
    160 marks for the oral, so total out of 400.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

form a prayer circle lads hahaha, ahh hopefully it'll be grand! At least it isn't the awful Paper 2 first! :D

Finally.somone.who.doesnt like paper 2!!!Everyone i know is like its so easy and im just like-we did not do that.in class.My family are and i quote "storming the heavens"ill ask em to include the population of the JC forum in their rosaries :P

Eims14 wrote: »
    Finally.somone.who.doesnt like paper 2!!!Everyone i know is like its so easy and im just like-we did not do that.in class.My family are and i quote "storming the heavens"ill ask em to include the population of the JC forum in their rosaries :P

ugh no its horrible! All the theorems! The only parts i get are constructions cause i do TG and all the data stuff like pie charts! Hahaha ah sound! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Has anyone made much sense of the Unseen Prós? Just curious as to what was going on:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

I got 9/10 in gramadach anyway! so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Fifii wrote: »
    Has anyone made much sense of the Unseen Prós? Just curious as to what was going on:)
    It's bout fairies (I think) and giants/trolls. Rósmáire's mother (leader of the fairies or something) was killed by the leader if the giants. Rósmáire gets friendly with her brother's friend and goes to his house and they go swimming and stuff and then go up to his room to play a computer game and when Rósmáire is up there she realises the friend is actually the leader of the giants (she smells the giant smell off him or something...kinda weird but idk :L) and she realises he tricked her so he could kill her. She tries to escape and then her grandad and her brother appear.

Weird enough story and I definitely preferred the unseen prós last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Does anyone know exactly what was going on in the second unseen poem?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

for my essay i did the one about the realta scannan
    im pretty sure i screwed up cause i wrote a story on going to the cinema with my friend to watch the x-men movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

thetalker wrote: »
    for my essay i did the one about the realta scannan
    im pretty sure i screwed up cause i wrote a story on going to the cinema with my friend to watch the x-men movie
    Don't feel too bad, I heard someone in my year saying they just copied "The Hobbit" comprehension for that one.... Don't bother worrying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wholock123

Why did it have to be specifically about a person in filíocht?! I had the perfect answer for a mouse :/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Will I get much marks taken off me if I used the word "guirlini" instead of "greimeanna" for stitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Oisin4 wrote: »
    Will I get much marks taken off me if I used the word "guirlini" instead of "greimeanna" for stitches?

no...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Abalamic

emersyn wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly what was going on in the second unseen poem?

Something about an old horse I think, not too sure myself to be honest :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement