Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downtime, really high ping 600ms+ at times, Wexford Town.

Options
  • 04-06-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Lately I have been having a lot of downtime with eircom, I don't know the cause of this, I moved down here to my mothers last November and we had a 1mb connection, in 2013 that is ridiculous that it's still on offer. 

But never mind that, I got upgraded to a higher speed package, my problem is that I have had a lot of down time, multiple times a day and other times having over 600ms ping, currently, it seems okay for now, but it was awful just 10 mins ago. I don't know the cause though, I myself think it is possibly the modem-router that we have here, it's pretty ancient and have never been offered or supplied with an newer model, which would be fine if it actually worked well and isn't the problem. But my guess would be that it is.

On another note, I would like to ask about when the eFiber would be available here, when I was last on the phone I was assured May and that we would be upgraded as soon as it was available, but still no one has contacted me about it and nothing has changed it seems.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Lately I have been having a lot of downtime with eircom, I don't know the cause of this, I moved down here to my mothers last November and we had a 1mb connection, in 2013 that is ridiculous that it's still on offer. 

But never mind that, I got upgraded to a higher speed package, my problem is that I have had a lot of down time, multiple times a day and other times having over 600ms ping, currently, it seems okay for now, but it was awful just 10 mins ago. I don't know the cause though, I myself think it is possibly the modem-router that we have here, it's pretty ancient and have never been offered or supplied with an newer model, which would be fine if it actually worked well and isn't the problem. But my guess would be that it is.

On another note, I would like to ask about when the eFiber would be available here, when I was last on the phone I was assured May and that we would be upgraded as soon as it was available, but still no one has contacted me about it and nothing has changed it seems.

Thanks for your time.
    Hi White_Wolf

It may well be a modem issues but do Feel free to PM me the landline number of the account in question and I'll run tests to try identify any existing issues - I'll also check efibre plans for you :)

Al

Advertisement