Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help identifing an MP5

• 04-06-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

hiya, iv just got an MP5 but don't know the manufacturer, are there any ways to find out?

There are no markings anywere on it except for around the fire selector, and a serial no on the right side above the magwell.

It has a sliding stock with a 3 prong flash hider and has heat sink under the pistol grip.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

pics? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

of wich bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

over all pics and any markings, distinguishing features.

pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

This MP5 looks like a Classic Army to me :)

• Advertisement

there is a lever on the left side above handguard for adjusting the hop and the ejection port doesn't open.

will it say a manufacturers name anywere on the gun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Might be a CYMA. Have you got the box of it or does it say CM. on the gun anywhere? You could always take the motor out and see if it says anything.

na iv no box with it. it says nothing anywere else from the pics above. the motor was upgraded to a "3000 turbo" so it wont help.

the charging handle locks open
    the stock goes from full closed to about 2" open to fully open
    the mags are 260 rd metal with 9x19 IF stamped on them
    the inner barrel is more gold than brass so may be an upgrade?

im missing a selector switch so am wanting to make sure I can get the right one,

tyrone03 wrote: »
    will it say a manufacturers name anywere on the gun?

Yes, as some manufacturers stamp the brand name or a logo on the gearbox shell and even in an upgraded RIF, it is uncommon for this item to be changed, unless it was damaged and replaced with a random shell

If you want to be sure, takedown the RIF and look for a brand name or logo

the guy I got it from done the work to it himself and he don't know the manufacturer, I assume if it had been on the gearbox he would have saw it. Do all makers do the 3 prong flash hider? I can only see ics ones online with it?

• Advertisement

tyrone03 wrote: »
    the guy I got it from done the work to it himself and he don't know the manufacturer, I assume if it had been on the gearbox he would have saw it. Do all makers do the 3 prong flash hider? I can only see ics ones online with it?

In my experience, its best to assume nothing and yes, other manufacturers have the same 3 prong end, as I've seen them on other MP5's and my Classic Army MP5 A4 has the same one too

Advertisement