Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer cant load some web pages or loads them hald arsed, need help!

Options
  • 04-06-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

So this problem has just happened about 2 months ago and its driving me up the wall. I got my computer in December and everything was going well no problems at all. Around March things started going a bit weird, Facebook and YouTube worked exceptional as usual and Online PC gaming wasn't an issue in terms of ping or anything. Just sites like reddit where the discussions don't load and various other sites sometimes don't load of if they do they end up looking like a website from the 90s and wont load certain things on the site.

This isn't an issue on the 2 other laptops in the house and It seems to be something with the Computer rather than the Internet as PC gaming online works fine on the computer content heavy pages with the exception of Facebook and YouTube all suffer. Does anyone have any solutions?

This is what happens when I try load Pictures form Imgur
    309701.png

This is Vice.com main page when I look at it
    309702.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Did you try clearing Firefox's history, cache, etc?

Try another browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome, they should work fine and should confirm it's just Firefox acting the goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Did you try clearing Firefox's history, cache, etc?

Try another browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome, they should work fine and should confirm it's just Firefox acting the goat.

You could also try CCleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,264 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HP laptop/desktop. Torrents. Expired Norton software running.

I'm guessing, that you didn't do much snipping around when you bought the computer? For a start uninstall the Norton if you aren't using it (you arent, as its not active) and I would try CCleaner and the above suggestions. And you'll probably want to go get some internet security software if you're going to be running uTorrent. Never hurts.

I'd also launch Windows Update and make sure all your updates are in fact installed

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

does it do it in all browsers? (ie chrome ff etc)

in firefox url bar type

about:support

hit enter

reset ff to default settings

if that doesn't work

uninstall and reinstall firefox

also download and run malware bytes anti malware

free version here;

oh and get a proper anti virust solution, get rid of that norton muck.

avast antivirus, AVG, Microsoft Defender, they all have free versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

I feel it is both a firefox problem with regards its new update and a website problem with regards the owners of the websites.. I have had numerous websites show only html with no css formatting whatsoever in firefox.. In chrome and safari they load perfectly fine..... i know you say you say it is not an issue with other computers on the network, but are all the computers running the same version of firefox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

mossy95 wrote: »

309701.png

This is Vice.com main page when I look at it
    309702.png

Stop downloading torrents and see if it loads properly? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

STEINBERG wrote: »
    I have had numerous websites show only html with no css formatting whatsoever in firefox.

That's weird. About a year a go chrome was constantly doin what you describe. I switched to Firefox and haven't had trouble since.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

jonny666 wrote: »
    That's weird. About a year a go chrome was constantly doin what you describe. I switched to Firefox and haven't had trouble since.
    Yeah sometimes just the browser updates can screw things up, im very reluctant to update my browser if what i have is working,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

It's all browsers that do this, I have cleared the cache and I haven't donwloaded anything from utorrent in a while and I have a total of 2 downloads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

What happens if you force reload while on a bad page - ctrl-F5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

It's all browsers that do this, I have cleared the cache and I haven't donwloaded anything from utorrent in a while and I have a total of 2 downloads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

went to see what the image was. browser auto filled the end of the file name :D

op if its happening on all browsers

do as everyone else said and get some virus software and turn on windows defender.

Advertisement