Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on 'Camp Leaders' programmes 2015?

• 05-06-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've been searching online and looking at J1 Visas, mostly just browsing as it is something I'm thinking about for Summer 2015.
    I came across USA Summer Camps, Camp Leaders etc. Camp Leaders seems to be the Irish recruiting agency or whatever but basically offering the same as the USA Summer Camps website.
    Just wondering has anyone been on, or heard anything about these? And if so, how does the month of travel after your job has ended work? Is that extra money or included and where do you stay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭smallgarden

You'll find good information on summer camp jobs on ccusa, usit and bunac. I went with bunac years ago. You pay an upfront fee, some include flights. You get minimal wages at the end but it's more for the experience than the money. The days are long and you get very minimal free time but I had a great summer at camp. The time after we just spent travelling. Once the camp finishes you need to find accommodation for the remainder of your stay

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

smallgarden, who do you travel with at the end? Is it other camp leaders or people you travelled over with?

Advertisement