Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan - Red Light - Internal Control Panel

Options
  • 05-06-2014 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows why the red light is showing on my Campervan internal control panel.
    It looks like "maybe" ?? the leisure battery is running low, but I'm not sure.

See photo attached.

Thanks for any help /advice / suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Is that while it's hooked up? I'll start with the pretty big caveat that our control panel is very different to that, but we have a similar light when we're hooked up. It's red while it's charging the leisure battery, turns green when the leisure battery is charged (flashes if there's an issue with the charging).

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Is that while it's hooked up? I'll start with the pretty big caveat that our control panel is very different to that, but we have a similar light when we're hooked up. It's red while it's charging the leisure battery, turns green when the leisure battery is charged (flashes if there's an issue with the charging).

Hi Macy - no - its on red when not hooked up.
    Even at the moment when its sitting outside ( engine not on ) - the red light is the only light on panel showing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

It's not entirely clear from the pic which red light is on, they all look red to me!

On our one the Volt meter also doubles as a water level indicator and in and around there we have a red light to tell us when the waste water tank is full.

It's not calibrated very well so the waste water light is on most of the time, even if the waste tank is nowhere near full.

Hi Revileandy
    You're probably looking at the lower part of the panel.
    Its the upper part which has the 10.8V just under it.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks

If it says less than 10.8V it means your battery is disconnected or at a critical voltage.
    I'd suggest you find a multimeter and verify the battery terminal voltage. If the battery's ok then look for blown fuses, corrosion etc.
    What does the voltmeter top left read when you switch it to leisure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

yeah thats a typical low battery voltage light , below 10.8 v the fridge solenoin and boiler solenoids struggle to work.

Hi Liamalot & Aidan M
    I'll have the battery tested and see if that's the issue,
    Thanks for your help as always.
    Much appreciated.

Advertisement