If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE40F8000STXXU and UE40HU6900

Options
  • 05-06-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if you have any advise on these two models and if you have these currently in stock and if so what would be the best Boardie price for delivery to Dublin??

Which would be the best for a start off Smart TV for me -  for catch up tv servieces rte player and netflix and 4od and internet browsing.  Also is it possible to connect both a Saoarview aerial cable and a freesat satellites cable into the tv and tune both in without the need for a box for one or the other?!

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Just wondering if you have any advise on these two models and if you have these currently in stock and if so what would be the best Boardie price for delivery to Dublin??

Which would be the best for a start off Smart TV for me -  for catch up tv servieces rte player and netflix and 4od and internet browsing.  Also is it possible to connect both a Saoarview aerial cable and a freesat satellites cable into the tv and tune both in without the need for a box for one or the other?!

Thanks for the help
    Hi Adel,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately the F8000 is now finished :(  All we have left is our display 55".  Have to say it's a fantastic TV.  Great picture and handles motion very well.  Plus all the Smart features are good fun to have a play with.

The 6900 is not long in with ourselves.  We've had it on display now for around 3 weeks and it looks great!  £900 for a 4K TV aint bad either :)  Again packed full of fun smart features to play around with.  

There's no Freesat on the 6900.  It'll work with Saorview fine, but you would need a separate Freesat box to use its services.  

We can offer the 6900 delivered for just £939.90.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply...pity that it doesn't have freesat..im trying to cut down on the amount connected to the tv.  I can get my hands on a display ue40f8000 so ill probably go with that, but thanks again for the reply

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply...pity that it doesn't have freesat..im trying to cut down on the amount connected to the tv.  I can get my hands on a display ue40f8000 so ill probably go with that, but thanks again for the reply
    Hi again,

Not a problem.  Could we temp you with our 55" display model? :p

Completely understand on cutting down on boxes etc.  

But to make things interesting.  I've had a look at our display 40H6900 and it looks like it has a satellite input.  There is no mention of Freesat but it may be able to pick up free to air channels.  I'll see if we can get an aerial connected and give it a go.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks Chris but I'm after picking up the 40" display from PC - the 55" would have been too big for the room.  If you wouldn't mind letting me know about the 40H6900 and if FTA works that would be good to know for future reference!

Thanks again for the help
    Adel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.