Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truffle pig Kenmare

Options
  • 05-06-2014 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Went to Kenmare yesterday and surprised to see the shop completely empty. Does anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Went to Kenmare yesterday and surprised to see the shop completely empty. Does anyone know what happened?
    Yes basically it was a rent issue, they wanted to negotiate it down and he (the landlord) wouldn't play ball, so they up and left, it's a shame as it was a real asset to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Thanks norfolk for your reply,

Yes it's a great shame, I wonder if they'll be reopening elsewhere in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Thanks norfolk for your reply,

Yes it's a great shame, I wonder if they'll be reopening elsewhere in town.
    No they haven't any plans to reopen elsewhere from what I've hear. FWIW I think the landlord got it wrong, he's contrary at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Do you know this landlord??? As far as I'm aware no rent paid for some(long) time past.So what's a person supposed to do--sit back, while somebody else( ie tenant)takes advantage and does not hold up their end?

Advertisement