Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The eagles- O2 Dublin - June 4th - 7th

Options
  • 05-06-2014 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭

Opening show last night. Did not dissapoint. Played for 3hrs. Absolute legends. All in their mid 60s and still class. What a gig!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Great gig. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Such cool dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Brilliant gig, much better than I thought it would be even. Somehow Hotel California wasn't even the highlight. They gave it their all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm going on Saturday so that's good to know. Do they start at 8pm sharp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

JJ wrote: »
    I'm going on Saturday so that's good to know. Do they start at 8pm sharp?

Yeap pretty much bang on 8, and ended at 11.10, with a little break in the middle. You are in for a treat, I wish I was going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaveyWaveyLad

Incredible performance from these guys. The indoor venue seems to suit more and the sound quality was superb. The narratives throughout worked well with the "History of Eagles" theme. Would love to go again!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Was my first Eagles concert last night(brought the OH for her birthday). Enjoyed the gig, although I thought it was a bit ridiculous with the security going around nagging people about the use of mobile phones....??

What if someone had to answer their phone in an emergency???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Great gig and great to see Bernie on stage.

6682BF6C5AB54B88AA47DBCA706A7DEB-0000362898-0003580067-00640L-98683EA71FDB43858AE7F5753E003A18.jpg

7EBF27117C104B97BA25D9353EC6C075-0000362898-0003580064-00640L-172FB8FF39E445E7BEF643122266B9BD.jpg

0C3E8FE2B2A9414C842266342FBDB8BC-0000362898-0003580062-00640L-5845FF88673341B2A0FEB7086FCD6B30.jpg

E0082EC104A14A7C8BA9468B8778DA08-0000362898-0003580061-00640L-D0081885446B4A8B8FF0A12878B7A59B.jpg

The mobile phone thing was a joke, fair enough with no pictures, it can be annoying with people taking photos all the time. But I had my phone out responding to a text and was told to put it away. How is that annoying anyone!

I missed the first song with just Don and Glen, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Great performance, though for some reason there was a lot of people around me who just kept talking really loudly during it.

Aresholes.

Harmonies were amazing and Joe Walsh is an absolute legend along with Glenn (his jokes were cringeworthingly amazing haha).

They were being dicks about the phones, but I have to admit it was nice to be at a gig and not have to sit behind rows of people enjoying the gig through the magic of their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Does anyone know if it was recorded for a dvd or a live audio release?

I'm just wondering if that's the reason it was requested not to use mobile phones or other electronic devices?

Can such devices interfere with sound recording like the way you'd hear distorted interference on a live radio discussion, when someone's phone in the studio rings?

Or maybe by requesting people not to text or have their phones on, they are attempting to avoid the possibility of anyone recording audio on their phones?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

niallo24 wrote: »
    I missed the first song with just Don and Glen, what was it?
    Saturday Night. For anyone who is lucky enough to be going, here is what awaits you. Eagles o2 setlist :cool:

I'm just wondering if that's the reason it was requested not to use mobile phones or other electronic devices?

Can such devices interfere with sound recording like the way you'd hear distorted interference on a live radio discussion, when someone's phone in the studio rings?

Or maybe by requesting people not to text or have their phones on, they are attempting to avoid the possibility of anyone recording audio on their phones?:)

I'd say it's more at the request of the artist. A crappy YouTube video can't compete with a proper recording of a gig and I don't think mobile phones would interfere with most modern recording equipment.

dodzy wrote: »
    Saturday Night. For anyone who is lucky enough to be going, here is what awaits you. Eagles o2 setlist :cool:

They did Desperado last??? Ah s@&!e!! Myself & herself had to leave early as we had transport waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

JJ wrote: »
    I'd say it's more at the request of the artist. A crappy YouTube video can't compete with a proper recording of a gig and I don't think mobile phones would interfere with most modern recording equipment.

iPhones/iPads and the like are ruining concerts now. You'd have half the crowd watching the concert through a screen. I wouldn't be surprised if it had nothing to do with recording rights/sound equipment interference.

The best thing they can do from now on is ban electronics and photography.

They did Desperado last??? Ah s@&!e!! Myself & herself had to leave early as we had transport waiting.
    Yeah, last on the list. Crackin' song. Amazed me the amount of people that fecked off before the 1st encore, never mind the crowd that left after Hotel C. Guess they did not anticipate the late finish time and probably had arrangements for last trains out of connolly or the like.

Eitherway, note to any heading to the gig: They WILL finish with Desperado ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I saw a lot of people leaving early, I presume due to the lack of late night transport, such a shame.
    We booked into a hotel for the same reason, and we live on a Dublin bus route.

That was the best of all the eagles shows I have been to.

dobsdave wrote: »
    I saw a lot of people leaving early, I presume due to the lack of late night transport, such a shame.
    We booked into a hotel for the same reason, and we live on a Dublin bus route.

That was the best of all the eagles shows I have been to.

Myself & the OH are both wheelchair users, so we had to rely on someone to come pick us up, so as soon as the main set was over, we legged it(pun intended!) to avoid the rush outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

Going Saturday night, can't wait especially after reading all these reviews!

My dad recorded the entire thing on his phone from his shirt pocket! Audio only, it actually turned out quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

niallo24 wrote: »
    My dad recorded the entire thing on his phone from his shirt pocket! Audio only, it actually turned out quite decent.

Fancy sharing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

What were the stage times last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Fantastic gig last night, I've been lucky enough to see them 5 times over here (and im only 29!) and that was the best by far. Indoor gigs are so much better. Thought the bouncers were very heavy handed with people taking pictures. I know rules are rules but one elderly man standing beside me took ONE picture near the end of the show off his phone and 5 guys surrounded him like he just shot someone! I had to ask one of them to sort the problem outside as they were ruining the show for everyone else around them. Other than that it was brilliant!

According to The O2:

Doors open at 6.30pm with the band taking to the stage at 8pm sharp.

https://twitter.com/TheO2Dublin/status/474548733947174912

Yep. 8pm start. 9.30 break. 9.45 restarts proper. 11.15 finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

It was a great show last night, they absolutely killed it.

Loved all the old folks singing the wrong words along to the choruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Went last night, they are serious musicians and can play,hotel C was magic,
    The disappointing thing was the people on the drink in and out all the time and one women in front on the phone ringing her friends to tell them she was at the concert and to listen to the songs and complaining it was on for so long as she wanted more beer in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Went last night, they are serious musicians and can play,hotel C was magic,
    The disappointing thing was the people on the drink in and out all the time and one women in front on the phone ringing her friends to tell them she was at the concert and to listen to the songs and complaining it was on for so long as she wanted more beer in town.

The standard Irish "event" concert-goer, in other words....

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Anyone else think there was a bit of lip syncing going on at this?

Vocals seemed off a few times during the gig, most noticeably during Don Henley's parts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

mark13 wrote: »
    Anyone else think there was a bit of lip syncing going on at this?

Vocals seemed off a few times during the gig, most noticeably during Don Henley's parts.

Doubt any sip sync. Some parts of Don's singing was a bit iffy.
    Though at 66 you do not have the voice you had at 26.
    Still class though. :)

The show was amazing as you would expect and they still seem to enjoy playing.
    Worth it alone to see Joe Walsh.

I came down from the North and stayed over.

First time at the O2 and the sound there is faultless.
    Though the Odyssey is in general a better hall to view a concert.
    No such thing as a bad seat in the Odyssey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I was there on Wednesday. I have to agree with the phone thing. There is nothing worst than a bunch of tools sitting in front of you waving their phones around blocking everyone's view.
    Two women came in late (about two songs in) and sat beside me. After another couple of songs I had to tell them to shut the fcuk up yakking and laughing and listen to the show or to fcuk off home and listen to the CD. A female bouncer already had them copped and was over in a flash. She threatened to throw them out if she had to come back over again. TBH I wish all concerts were run like that. It has to have been the best, most relaxed, most enjoyable concert I have ever been to. If I was living in Dublin I'd have gone again tonight.

Advertisement