Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The eagles- O2 Dublin - June 4th - 7th

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

really enjoyed this only problem was the nordies around the arena who make asses out of themselves by laughing and talking loud during songs and making fools of themselves

Also a quick note to the woman in her mid 50s with the twink laugh from dublin -thank god I will never hear your voice again

great gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Also a quick note to the woman in her mid 50s

They were all in their mid 50's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I agree with Emeldc, it was a very relaxed concert. We were sitting at two end seats as we did for Fleetwood Mac last September, only at FMac had to get up every 30 seconds to let people past - but last night we didn't get up once! The staff were very strict about people standing up, and anyone on the steps was ordered back to their seats. Proper order!
    As for the Eagles themselves, they did a brilliant concert. I was in stitches laughing at the antics of Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh! And Timothy Schmidt did my 2 favourite songs very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I went again last night. Much more enjoyable this time around tbh as I was surrounded by people who actually wanted to watch the gig instead of having very loud conversations.

While I didnt mind the phone thing i dont think it would have been any harm to let people stand up and have an aul jive at a few of the songs. Then again I understand why they didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I thought it was an unbelievable gig. The sound was amazing and it was just brilliant to hear those songs so clearly. I wish Id gone two nights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Good performance as usual from the band, but the sound was muck for most of the night, didn't hear a single note Timothy played all night except the first few bars of One of These Nights when they boosted it a bit. It was mostly Don's vocal and lots of reverb...

This whole no photos thing, while I can understand the request from the band, was totally overpoliced and it took away from the gig having aggressive security staff getting in the way, pulling phones off people, shouting at them, threatening them, congregating in groups of 3 or 4 in the aisles intimidating people. People had to ask them to be quiet and move, really took away from the enjoyment of the show. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

niallo24 wrote: »
    The mobile phone thing was a joke, fair enough with no pictures, it can be annoying with people taking photos all the time. But I had my phone out responding to a text and was told to put it away. How is that annoying anyone!

I missed the first song with just Don and Glen, what was it?
    An acoustic version of 'take it easy',it was different but a great version ninetheless

The mobile phone thing was a joke, fair enough with no pictures, it can be annoying with people taking photos all the time. But I had my phone out responding to a text and was told to put it away. How is that annoying anyone!

An acoustic version of 'take it easy',it was different but a great version ninetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

emeldc wrote: »
    They were all in their mid 50's :D

There was a fair few youngsters (20's) at the Wednesday show.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

dobsdave wrote: »
    There was a fair few youngsters (20's) at the Wednesday show.

just to clarify there was no youngsters at fridays gig besides myself :p

looked like it was the front row of live at 3 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I was at Fridays gig have to say it was unbelievable. I would of went again Sat night if i could.

Advertisement