Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Door Replacement

• 05-06-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Looking to get an idea on cost to take down 11 existing doors and replace with new ones.
    Job would need to include fitting handles etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

Looking to get an idea on cost to take down 11 existing doors and replace with new ones.

Cost me 80 euro a door chrome handles and hinges.
    Includes supply and fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Just the door or door frame and architraves? What type of door pine, core, oak, walnut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Hale wrote: »
    Cost me 80 euro a door chrome handles and hinges.
    Includes supply and fit

€80 per door incl door labour and ironmongery? What type of door? Thats €70 per door before vat. Even at cash prices its extreamly low, i assume its a six panel regency or similar door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

80 supply and fit inc furniture can you post up a picture please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

Hi guys
    Yes they are pine 6 panel doors i got the painted myself which i didnt mine because of the price ill try put up a picture im not great at computers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Where do you live George?

If your near the north you can save sum $. B&Q do cheap 6 panel 'hollow' doors at £30 (€37) already painted. Solid Pine (unpainted & 16kg) is €10 more. Cheap hinges a few quid a door, are fine with these light doors, or reuse the old ones. Its an easy DIY job, you will need to know the size of the door you are replacing, use a cordless drill, new screws (maybe a plane) and a chizel. YouTube it and see if you feel confident doing it yourself over a weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Carpenter wrote: »

Hahahaha classic. At least he didn't ask if he could use a door 2 inch's too small hahahaha.

I just read through to the end of the thread. His upside down door at a cost of €110 is a great warning to anybody who suffers from being illogical.

Did you get it done in the end Boris?

Advertisement