Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Crapping out During Sync

• 05-06-2014 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a perculiar problem with my ipod classic lately.

It will sync the library from the computer, up to a certain point, but then it craps out and wipes itself clear altogether.
    I've been able to get music onto very slowly by manually dropping and dragging smaller quantities of music at a time, but if I drop and drag too much at a time, the problem repeats.

It's obviously not a capacity problem but maybe there is something wrong with the data transmission mechanism as opposed to the hard drive?

I've thought about replacing the HD but the cost of doing that relative to the cost of a new ipod is abit off putting tbh. Especially since I'm not sure if that is actually where the fault lies.

Has anybody any familiarity with this kind of fault?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sounds a lot like a hard drive failure. I had something similar with an iPod Classic and eventually it would refuse to restore properly. And unfortunately the options were either hard drive replacement or iPod replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Zcott wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like a hard drive failure. I had something similar with an iPod Classic and eventually it would refuse to restore properly. And unfortunately the options were either hard drive replacement or iPod replacement.

Same here. HD kaput.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Godamnit.

Well I guess that's that then.
    Can anybody recommend somewhere to get it replaced for a reasonable price?

Godamnit.

Well I guess that's that then.
    Can anybody recommend somewhere to get it replaced for a reasonable price?

Look on the bright side. Opportunity to upgrade to higher capacity. I doubled the storage space on my classic. I won't recommend the place that did it though. Nightmare to deal with. Took them three goes to fix it.

endacl wrote: »
    Look on the bright side. Opportunity to upgrade to higher capacity. I doubled the storage space on my classic. I won't recommend the place that did it though. Nightmare to deal with. Took them three goes to fix it.

Capacity was never an issue.
    Cash flow is though.

• Advertisement

Capacity was never an issue.
    Cash flow is though.

I hear ya. I like the ipod. I'm not blindly loyal to Apple though. Perhaps you should consider the competition? A solid state device won't ever have hd issues. Plus you get a new toy for less than the price of a repair. Pixmania have sandisk players on offer at the moment.

They're all very small capacity aren't they though?

I'm not an apple loyalist either but it's what I already have, so I'll just try to sync it one album at a time or something.

Thanks

They're all very small capacity aren't they though?

I'm not an apple loyalist either but it's what I already have, so I'll just try to sync it one album at a time or something.

Thanks

Ah maaaaannnn....

I tried that. And it worked. Right up to the point when it didn't. Sometimes ten albums. Sometimes a hundred. You'll keep going each time until it goes bang. You'll waste hours and drive yourself nuts. Don't do it.

I've been that soldier...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Get in touch with a couple of repair places and see how much they'll charge for a disk replacement.

Ah maaaaannnn....

I tried that. And it worked. Right up to the point when it didn't. Sometimes ten albums. Sometimes a hundred. You'll keep going each time until it goes bang. You'll waste hours and drive yourself nuts. Don't do it.

I've been that soldier...

:(

Well, I'll get a few on. Just to tide me over until I can save up enough for a new disk or ipod.

• Advertisement

Well, I'll get a few on. Just to tide me over until I can save up enough for a new disk or ipod.

Set a target and stick to it!

Set a target and stick to it!

Nokia mix radio is going to have to do me until then.

Advertisement