Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweating Headache

• 05-06-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7 MageKing

I sweat like a fecker at night when I am asleep and the following morning if I go for a run or a cycle I get ferocious headaches a few minutes into the run or cycle. I try to battle through and the headaches get worse. This is incredibly frustrating. They last for a couple of hours and three days was the last one.
    Diet is dairy and bread and caffeine free with 2 pints of water a day.
    Try to run or cycle every 6 days a week.
    Just want to know if anyone knows of a solution or if anyone else has experienced this and has found a way through.
    Thanks for advance for your replies.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

2 pints of water doesn't really seem like an awful lot...

have you tried having a glass of water immediately after waking up? like.. before a shower or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Sounds like it's due to dehydration...so upping your water intake might help. If this doesn't work or you're in any way worried about it I'd consult a GP.

1 litre of water a day is nothing particularly if you are training
    Drink way more

It's not even lunchtime and I've had 1.5L...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd have 5-6 pints a day at least.

If it persists you should consult a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MageKing

Will up the water intake and keep you updated.
    I had considered taking half a dyoralite due to the amount of night’s sweats. Bed does be soaked some mornings.
    Or would (like Sir Digby said) a pint of water in the morning with a spoon of sugar and salt be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 MageKing

Upped the water intake in prep for DAR and threw in some Dyoralite for race day. Completed it and no headaches until the next say but that was Guinness' fault. Thanks for the advice guys.

Advertisement